026.

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

It has been a week since Anna last saw Isiah, and since they kissed. Anna didn't know where he had disappeared although she couldn't blame him for not wanting to come by and face Michael and Polly. She found their overprotectiveness a little ridiculous but at the same time she couldn't blame Polly or Michael for looking after her. 

Her nightmares still occurred to her almost every night but she found out that when she thought of Isiah, she could forget about her nightmares. 

Tommy ad Ada were visiting Polly although they were more interested in Anna and how she was doing. Anna liked her cousins. She liked that they weren't emotionally too involved like her mother but were reasonable.

"So you are doing well?" Tommy asked, setting his glass down on the table next to him.

Anna nodded. "Yes, quite well."

She glanced at her mother who was sitting next to her. Ever since Anna's little disappearance act that one night, Polly's been even more paranoid. Anna didn't believe it was good for her health and was even a little worried. In the depth of the night, Polly would wake up every two hours to go and check that Anna was fast asleep in her own room. 

"What are you here for Tom?" Polly asked.

Polly cared for her nephew, she truly did, but she knew Thomas brought trouble most of the time. And Polly didn't want any trouble around Anna ― she's been trying to protect the girl from the business and the rest of the family. 

This didn't go unnoticed by Thomas who could hear the sternness in his aunt's voice. 

"The opening of the Grace Shelby Institute is in three days. I am bringing you the invitation," he explained.

Anna's eyes widened ― she didn't have any idea that Thomas was going to open an organization in Grace's name.

"I already send an invitation to Lady Bernard as well. She is coming," he added.

"Imogen is coming?" Anna's voice was full of excitement like a little child's.

Polly turned to look at Anna before shooting a disappointed and annoyed glare at Thomas. For safety reasons Polly does not want Anna to attend the opening but now that Anna knows Imogen is coming, there was no way she would just stay home. 

"She is," said Thomas, ignoring his aunt's look.

"Oh mother can we go?" Anna asked, her eyes finding her mother's. "Please, I so wish to see Imogen."

Ada observed her aunt. She has always known Polly as a woman who has all the answers but that woman hasn't been around since Anna's arrival. Ada could hardly blame Polly for that.