Closing soon

"Hey Jonah, can you finish stocking up for me." "I'm sorry for leaving early dude," Sarah said as she pulled the sleeve of her jacket on.

"No problem, I know what it's like to go last minute shopping." I laughed a bit. She took a deep sigh and handed me a box.

"Here, and thank you so much again." I took the box from her hands, "My brother apparently didn't get our mom a gift for her birthday today so now I have to run to find her one before everything in this big ass mall closes."

"Well good luck then," I opened the box to see many packaged hair clips. Sarah started for the doors but abruptly stopped. 

"Oh, that's right." She walked back to hand me a pair of keys. "Are you sure you'll be alright closing up?" I nodded. She hesitantly looked around then left, giving me a wave before walking away. I made my way to the hair stuff and started restocking what was in the box. I looked at the clock hanging above the counter,

8:39

Almost time for closing. Without much left to do I sat behind the counter, putting headphones on and binge watching whatever the mall wi-fi could handle.

At the corner of my eye I saw something, looking directly it was a guy looking around. He wore a black hoodie and jeans. He were pretty tall with brown hair and could possibly be around age. I waited a few moments before being the good employee I am, asked, "Do you need any help.?"

His body faced me while his face and eyes were fixed on something for a bit before eventually facing me. "Yeah, uh-," they paused. "Do you think I can get like uh piercing,"

"Right now?" I asked

"I guess," he seemed unsure. I look at the clock again.

8:58

That was fast, and way too late for a piercing.

"I'm sorry dude- uh but we're closing.." I said, he looked at me, raising an eyebrow.

"We're?" He responded, I stayed silent. I felt I little pissed off since this guy thought he could get something time consuming at closing hour, and now he's trying to waist my time too.

I sighed, "I'm closing, like right now too."

"I'll give you 40-"

"OH HELL YEAH-"