So Much Better (Part Two)

A/N: Hey everyone! I just wanted to say thank you for continuing to read what I put out there. I have found that I have over seven hundred reads now! And the number has been climbing over the past few days! I want to say thank you guys so much for everything!

Second, I apologize for not being able to post more. My life is incredibly busy, between college, homework, my job, and volunteering. I try to write as often as I can, but unfortunately it is not as often as I would like to.

Third, I would like to give two huge shoutouts! One to @hklakhan for commenting on my past chapter first, I love when people comment on my chapters and really appreciate it when you do! The second one is to my best writing/collaborating buddy @charlieswebsies! <--This girl is an insanely good writer and i am telling you guys to go read her stories as well! She gives a whole new take on One Direction fan fics and I love her to pieces! :) Okay, now I am done with my schpiel! On to the story!

Another quick thing, talking about Charlie's college. I have no clue whether NYU has a music program or not, but for this story, we are going to say that there is.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie's P.O.V.

Mia has her purse, makeup bag and clothes bag in tow. Her hair is tied up in a little bun, and she is wearing no makeup, but she has the biggest smile on her face ever. I blush, knowing that she had saw what happened on the porch. I love that my friend cares so much about the relationship between Harry and I, but she had terrible timing.

"HAPPPYYYY BIRRRTHHHDAAAAYYY!!!!!" She exclaimed, wrapping me in a hug as well as she could with all of the bags in her arms.

I laugh as she tries to hug me as hard as possible. "Thanks, Mia." I say, smiling at my best friend.

Grabbing one of the bags out of her arms, we trek up the stairs to the house. Getting through the doors after a few tries, we run up the stairs to my room, gabbing about mindless things the entire way up. Even when my best friend and I haven't seen each other in a day or two, we act as if we haven't seen each other in months. We talk about the most random things, no matter what they are, usually ending with laughter. It has been this way ever since we became best friends.

Mia sets down all of her bags except for one on the floor and we sit down on my queen-sized bed, grabbing random fuzzy blankets and pillows. 

"So.....I got you a little something. Since it's your birthday and all." Mia said, winking at me. I snort, Mia had been talking for a month about how she had gotten me the absolute best birthday present ever, but she has yet to tell me what it was, and it was killing me not to know.

"Really?! I had no clue! I am so surprised." I say, feigning absolute shock, smacking my cheeks and giving her a goofy look. She laughs in response.

"Okay, Miss Smart Ass." She says, fiddling around in the bag she brought up onto the bed from the ground. Monkeys flung around in my stomach (yes, monkeys. Not butterflies). She pulled out a small, pink-striped bag, adorned with a small silver bow. It was so dainty that when she handed it to me, it barely fit into my two hands.

"Happy Birthday, Char." She says, smiling at me.

I squeal, and although I really wanted to just rip through the present, I know that I couldn't have done that. So i diligently undo the ribbon, and open the bag to find a small, rectangular black box. I take it out of the bag, and open the black box and gasp. There, laying in whatever the material is that jewelry lay on in their boxes, is a little necklace. On a little gold chain are two heart charms, one that is a smaller, silver heart, and another larger gold heart.