Chapter 5

Lily's POV

Mid 2017

I was sitting on the red benches just outside my block in college. 

I see Saint walking by with a dense chocolate brownie in his hand. He has a sweet tooth. 

He hates everything that I am fond of. We are a perfect match. 

I eat the bell pepper in his noodles. I love salads. He hates them. I love savoury and spice and he loves desserts. He drinks sweet lemonade and eats desserts like main course and my jaws dropped at the sight of it. 

He sits next to me. The sun is warm, the cool breeze plays tango with my hair and I savour this moment.

It's comforting. 

"Have you ever dated someone?" Saint asks out of the blue.

"Huh?"

"Have you ever dated someone before?"

"I heard you the first time, Saint and no I haven't."

"Do you think you will date someone?" he asked. I stare at him. 

"I mean in the future?" Saint adds

"I don't believe in dating. It is waste of time. I feel I do not have it in me to date, you know. I like to be single. I want to practise abstinence. I don't want this worldly life. Everything is a myth." I say.

In the end I will be married to some one my parents approve. Some one from my caste, race, language and religion. There are so many barriers to cross.  

"You know what I think? I think you will  date someone. You will be willing to date when you find someone worth it and he will come by. I bet all my money on it." and he gives me the brightest smile. 

My heart races and I think it wants to run away from me. Stop! heart! I need youuuuu. 

He confuses me. 

A/N

So is our ship sailing?

Also I am gonna write shorter chapters from this chapter.