Prologue

A:N/

******IMPORTANT**** THIS WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE NOVEL BETTER.

1. The one in quotes is what is being said and without is when the characters are thinking.

2. In italics is conscience of the Lily our protagonist who is watching everything that Lily is thinking and doing. Conscience will be watching in other characters POV too. Basically Conscience is the narrator.

In Flashback mood, Conscience is looking into memories of characters as well as it's own memories so conscience also sees how it interacted with Lily at that time. So the conscience at the end of a flashback is the one that is watching from the present and conscience in that scene is one of the past. The Present Conscience believes itself to be unbiased but has soft corner for Lily.

3. Trigger warnings are notified.

4. May have several grammatical and spelling errors, do let me know. 

_________________________________________

I live in a world that has bound me heart and soul to the system I detest.

I live in a world full of  differences -caste, creed, race, religion and language  and they run deep as deep as the Pacific. 

No one is free. No one. 

They are bound like you and me and they follow this system. They worship it. Once the system is broken there is chaos and  there is no solution to chaos. There is only exploitation. 

You are looked down upon, shunned and outcasted. You chose to believe what is best for you as ingrained by the society. 

Everyone is a perpetrator, no one less than another. We all wear masks of civility and in the garb of protection We are forced to uphold societal values and norms.  We destroy young hearts in love but profit from the business of the prospective wedding approved by the society. The society  kills what it seeks to protect. 

I saw myself walking like the dead. I saw myself struggling. 

Then I saw myself letting go. 

I hope in another life things would be different. 

In the parallel universe I know I am free. I am free to love you without the fear and society shadowing me. 

Okay, Plato.  Let's see whacha upto in life. 

Can you for once be normal, conscience?

Can you for once be spectacular? 

I am awesome. 

I make you awesome. 

Nevermind. I hear someone calling me. 

"Lily? you there?"

Maybe the heavens have heard my prayers after all. 

"Lily?" 

Maybe not.

....

To be continued.