Talk gets in the way of talking

A/N: Poem at the end by: Kbu. 

           Cassius and Serena's POV

Bright and early Tuesday morning, I headed to the gym to do my routine three times a week workout, and to think.
On my way to the women's changing room however, I spotted Tomika over by the dumbbells, doing squats.

I course corrected to go talk to her.
Coming to the gym is something Tomika wouldn't do if there was a way to avoid it, so why would she come in earlier than me whilst being in a weird place with the gym's owner and her best friend, Zagreb.

"Hi T.
Surprised to see you here" I greeted.

"Why?
I have a membership.
I have as much right to be here as anyone else" she returned without turning to look at me.

"A fact I'm not disputing—

I went around to her front, ‘cause I wasn't about to have a conversation with her ass as she did squats whilst holding a dumbbell.

—but, last time I checked, Zagreb owns this gym and you guys are on the outs; or am I missing something?" I asked for clarity.

"Nothing's changed.
However, I'm not the one who decided to harbour feelings for my best friend for three years and then all of a sudden conveniently blurt it out in the presence of her and a million others.
So why should I be the one doing the avoiding?" Tomika queried.

"Maybe because you need to have a conversation with him and not just casually sweep this under the rug like you usually do?" I pointed out.

Tomika put down the dumbbell.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear you say that.
However, read my lips clearly, I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY TO HIM" Tomika stated firmly.

"Regardless, you owe yourself that conversation" I informed then I turned to head to my original destination.

"I owe myself?" Tomika called after me.

"Yep. Can you honestly say that things won't be awkward in the group or that you guys can go back to being buddy buddy without first having a conversation about what y'all's next step is going to be?
Unless of course you've already decided" I turned back to say.

"Decided what?" Tomika queried.

"Decided that you don't want Zagreb in your life anymore" Tanya put in as she walked up to us clad in gym clothes.

"What I can decide to do doesn't exactly span more than two options" Tomika pointed out.

"Which are?" I wanted to know.

"I try my hand at a relationship with my best friend, or, we go our separate ways" Tomika listed.

"Just those two huh?" I deflated.

"Please don't tell me you like Lana also believe there's a way for us to go back to being friends if I don't reciprocate his feelings?" Tomika sounded incredulous.

"He didn't ask you to date him, he merely told you he has feelings for you" Tanya offered.

"What's the difference?" Tomika enunciated every word.

Tanya shrugged.

"If you don't have anything reasonable to say, I suggest you butt out Tanya!" Tomika snapped.

Tanya raised her hands in surrender then walked over to one of the leg workout machines, and minded her business.

"Either way T, talk to him. Have all the facts before you decide to throw a good thing away. You owe your decade long friendship that much. That's all I'm saying" I concluded.