I would know

Cassius and Serena's POV

Home at last.
I took out my keys and unlocked the front door.
I stepped into the darkness and didn't bother turning on the lights because by my count it was probably two in the morning and I'm not trying to wake my family up.
I shut and locked the door after my person and quietly began to feel my way further into the house.
I had made it to the stairs when the lights in the family room came on, causing me to pause in my tracks.

"Come in here Mi'ja" I heard my Mother say.

I winced internally.
So much for not waking my family.

"Might as well get this over with" I muttered as I changed my destination to the family room.

"Shut the door behind you" my Mother said when I stepped into the room.

I noted with no small amount of pain that the room contained my entire family.
I did as my Mother instructed and stood right in front of the door.

"You're allowed to sit down Rena" my Mother said.

"I prefer to stand"

"Fine" she returned.

"Let's get this over with please. Some of us need to sleep as we have work this morning" Juan Mata voiced.

"Chisimdili Aurelia Serena, what exactly are you doing?" My Father began.

"Could you be more specific" I said just to spite him.

He knows I hate being called my full name.

"You leave this house as early as possible before anyone wakes up, and you sneak back in when everyone has gone to bed" my Mother specified.

"I don't sneak in" I corrected.

"What do you call wading in the dark?" My Mother returned.

"I do that so as not to disturb anyone's sleep" I insisted.

"Or maybe you're avoiding a confrontation?" My Dad put in.

"I assure you I'm not" I stated.

"Whatever you're doing has gone on for two weeks and it has to stop!" My Mother commanded.

"Why?" I asked just because.

"Excuse you?" My Mother was taken aback.

"What is wrong with me leaving early, and coming home late?" I clarified.

"Are you seriously asking that question? You're obviously avoiding us!" Philomena spoke up.

"I'm not avoiding anyone –least of all, you" I stated firmly.

"You clearly are because you don't eat in this house anymore, you hardly sleep here anymore because you come home at two, and leave at five, so do you really get any sleep?" Philomena queried.

Juan Mata better get his wife.
Before she gets a number done on her.

"And whomever you're inconveniencing is going to get tired of your bullshit pretty soon" Juan Mata aided his wife.

"Mata!" Paloma chided.

"What?"

"I thought we agreed this was going to be a conversation and not a confrontation; that is the only reason I'm here" Juan Ignatio reminded.

"I told Mum you being here clearly means we're not going to get through to Serena, as you always support whatever it is she does, did she listen to me? No. Now look were we're at" Juan Guerra rambled.