Good natured kisses are gross mistakes

Cassius and Serena's POV

"Is there a reason why you're this chirper?" Juan Mata asked as he walked into the kitchen with dirty dishes of the breakfast he'd just had.

I stopped humming to myself to say, "You're going to have to wash that yourself since I'm done here and I'm running late to work" as I dried my hands on a towel.

"I know stupida. You didn't answer my question though" Juan Mata said as I stepped out of the way so he could take over at the sink.

"A call from B woke me up very early this morning. I was mad at first, but we had a very refreshing conversation, and God knows men nowadays can hardly do more than exchange pleasantries and ask after your well-being" I said then I spread the towel out on the kitchen counter.

"Hold up, hold up.
B, as in Bamidele?" Juan Mata queried as he rinsed the plates.

"The one, the only" I replied.

"Please tell me you guys aren't seeing each other.
I promise to take back everything I've ever said about you having zero luck with men" Juan Mata appealed.

"What's so wrong with B?" I wanted to know.

"Nothing actually; just never imagined you two together" Juan Mata answered as he returned the plates to the rack.

"You're kidding me right?" I marvelled as we both left the kitchen.

"No not like that, just didn't think sweet was your type" Juan Mata amended.

"It's not" I affirmed.

Is Christian sweet?

"Who are you guys talking about?" Juan Paolo called from the living room.

"Get a load of this Paolo. Apparently, Balogun Christian, asked our baby sister out" Juan Mata elaborated as he strode towards Juan Paolo.

There'd be no point in avoiding the conversation, so I headed to the living room as well.

"You're joking!" Juan Paolo's eyes widened.

"I never said he did" I put in.

"No I'm not, and you didn't need to" Juan Mata replied as I sat down.
"Him calling early enough to wake you up with his call is a classic "I asked her out so I can't let things fester" move" Juan Mata expounded after he sat beside Juan Paolo.

"He did ask me out, but I decided on getting drinks and catching up instead" I figured there was no point in lying.

"Why?" Juan Paolo wondered.

"I think Tomika likes him" I admitted.

"Woah!" Juan Mata and Juan Paolo chorused.

"Then you should back the hell up! Things like that get real messy real quick" Juan Paolo cautioned.

"What are you guys talking about? You guys aren't plotting something are you? Because you're sitting too close together" my Mother said as she entered the room carrying a basket of laundry.

"I invited B for dinner Saturday" I rushed to say; Juan Mata shot me a look.

There's no way in hell I'm going to tell her that B asked me out.
I'll never hear the end of it.

"Did you now? That's great! It was so nice to catch up with his mum the other day! We haven't spoken in an age!" My mum said dramatically.

"You see her every Sunday at church" I pointed out.

"Feels like ages" my Mum insisted then she headed to the laundry room.

"You invited him to a dinner where both Juan Guerra and Juan Ignatio will be in attendance?" Juan Paolo queried once my mum was out of earshot.