𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 (chapter nine)

After Eugene had been put into hospital, the dance ended earlier than it originally should've. Both of the sisters were dreading today as it was parents weekend. Another one of Nevermore's awful events.

Tyler went home with a smile on his face, Xavier with a broken heart and the twins with determination.

Determination was the correct word to describe the Addams' sisters as of now — Eugene had nearly been slaughtered in front of their eyes, they had to put a stop to it sooner or later.

Gomez Addams was accused of murder on the balcony in the quad thirty years ago at their version of the Rave'N. They always considered their father to be an open book.

Now the event took place, their parents still not here yet. Weems told everybody on the microphone that Eugene is on the mend.

"Try in a coma," Wednesday huffed.

Enid was by her side and was eager to hold her hand but she didn't want to ruin the moment, "Have any of you been to see him?"

May shook her head, sighing as she felt guilty, "I'm the reason he's in hospital."

If only she had remembered to meet Eugene after a little while at the dance, he wouldn't have been in hospital.

"May it's not your fault at all," Wednesday reassured her sister.

Fidgeting with the balls on her septum she turned to Wednesday, "I promised to meet him to seek out the monsters lair during the Rave'N. I forgot and now he's in a coma."

Enid turned to May and gently slapped her cold cheeks, "Don't be silly. You weren't the one with massive claws and nearly ripping him to shreads."

"I should be there in the bed, not him," May felt very guilty.

Their conversation was cut short by their parents making a grand entrance with Pugsley by their side, "There they are! Oh, have we missed those accusing eyes and youthful sneer," Gomez said.

Morticia stood there with her signature black dress, "How are you my little rain clouds?" she asked.

"We thought Thing was filling you in with our every move," May hummed.

"We uncovered your feeble subterfuge almost immediately," Wednesday added.

Their father's mouth was agape, "So how's the little fella doing?" Gomez asked, "Does he still have all of his fingers?"

At the mention of Thing, Gomez wiggled all of his ten fingers then realising he only had one hand, then wiggled just five.

"Relax, we haven't snapped any of his digits yet," May smiled.

"So tell us everything," Morticia smiled.

Wednesday and May stood there side by side, "Ever since you've abandoned us here, we've been: hunted, haunted, and targets of attempted murder."

Gomez held his hand on his chest as they both smiled proudly, "Aahhh! Nevermore! I love you so!"