X. Movement, Langulum and Hyacin

I felt ill, as a jolting moved my head from side to side, sending throbbing pulses of pain through my temples. I opened my eyes to the ground moving beneath me. After a moment's confusion, I realised that I was being carried over someone's shoulder. I struggled immediately. Mercenaries! The Minister had made it clear that I would not be saved, and for the safety of the Facility itself, they had ensured that all connections to me were severed. I took my captor by surprise. He fumbled to grab hold of me, as I hit the ground with a hard thud. Pain vibrated through my arms, as I scrambled upright, getting ready to run. A heavy grip stopped me.

"Let go!" I spat through clenched teeth.

The grip tightened until my arm was behind my back. Sharp pains swept through my shoulders as I gasped in pain. I tried to reach for my pen knife, before I realised with dread that I had lost it to the man in the alley.

"Stay silent and I will loosen my grip."

I nodded reluctantly in agreement. Another opportunity would present itself. There was nothing about the voice that was familiar, I only knew that it was male. The pain in my shoulder eased as quickly as it began, and I stumbled to face him. He knelt in front of me, eyes dark.

"I mean you no harm."

I stood silently trying to read his features. I noticed his clothing, ragged and dirty. He was young, even though, I knew from his hair and cloak that the old man in the alley and he, were one in the same. At least now, I understood how he was strong enough to carry so much. He hesitated before standing, "It is my purpose to find those who would join our cause. And you..." he pointed, "... have no batch number branded on you," reaching toward my neck.

I found them.