V. Remembrance

dear mahbub,

dear mahbub,

Isn't it so beautiful that you taught me how to love from beyond the grave? You taught me how to wait and weave words into poetry with the blood-red thread of my pining heart. I have stitched your name again and again on the white of the paper with the selfsame thread.

My ribs are like a reed flute: a whisper of your name and it sings a thousand songs of lonely love. A love that wrecks and heals. A love that gives hope and brutally takes it away. One which is the sun's warmth in the coldest days of this everlasting winter.

I want to remember you as the paradise we lost, the smell of roses which refuses to decay, the sound of Rumi's poetry rolling off my tongue. I want to remember you like the everlasting stars, the carefree northern wind blowing my curls with them. Like the glow of the sun at dawn.

You are like a bloodstain, impossible to remove. A ghost of my past that haunts me, a haunting which I crave from within my bones. You taught me to love life, showed how short it really is. Alas, all from beyond the grave. Nonetheless take my thanks, you can do that can't you?

Thank you, my mahbub, for making me realise my role in preserving your memories. For proving immortality lie in remembrance. For proving how alike are love and death!

thank you so much for that.

~•~