Five

"What were you thinking?!"

"Don't make me feel stupid, Mado san. I already feel stupid enough"

"Have you two talked since then?"

"No. I have avoided him as much as I can. He tries to catch me up ... I don't think I will ever be ready to face him."

Akira sigh hopelessly and rested her chin on her fist.

"When Amon rejected me, I tried my hardest to not show it. After he was gone... I was happy with that decision. Honestly, I think you should stand behind how you feel, just don't get it in the way of work. You are lucky to have the training day this week"

Y/n put a hand on her forehead.

"It's this week? Oh man... I need to get to work. I promised Juuzou to end with the papers on our case about two days ago." She rose from her sit and started shoving some papers in her bag.

"How is it going?" She asked.

"I have no idea since I've been avoiding Juuzou for three days in a row. But You're right, I can't let this get into my job. I will try to find him right-"

Suddenly, she felt someone grabbing her shoulder so hard she almost fell.

"Ugh?!" She made a strange sound when her eyes met Juuzou's eyes.

Oh no. It was this look.

Those hostile eyes were filled with wrath. His smile said nothing other than I will end you right now.

"Mado san... do you mind giving us a moment?"

Akira doesn't flinch. She stands up and walks away, her eyes say nothing.

How could she do this to me? Y/n thought, filled with fear for her life.

"Can you let go, please?" Y/n says innocently.

His grip is going to leave a mark.

"I don't know. Can I?" He teases with a devilish smile.

"I won't run away from you. I promise"

He nods and points to the same place she was sitting before. She takes a sit, her forehead is getting a little bit sweaty.

"Can I please explain myself?" She tries her best to avoid his glare.

"Enlighten me" His tone is jeering her.

"Look... I'm sorry about everything. It isn't respectful to avoid your... superior like I did and I deeply apologize because I know I intermingle work with my feelings. I was mad at you... or maybe at myself because I felt alone. I should not have put it out like that, the other day. It was disrespectful. I do stand behind my feelings for you, but I promise to stay professional and keep working for you. I would love to put it aside and continue with our case. So I do not... await for you to answer my feelings. It would rather be... redundant".

She could feel the air getting back into her lungs.

His head tilts to the side.

Alone?

"Why would you feel alone?"

"I don't know. I don't decide how to feel, you know."

She was true to herself, and that was something Juuzou adored in her. He felt like all the people around him were shitty hypocrites.

He was staring at her for a few moments.

Perhaps he was caught up with work and didn't really pay her enough attention. After all, she was his responsibility.