Fourteen

Your point of view

___________________

"So? How does it feel?" The doctor questioned.

I stare at the silver metal.

"It's... different than I expected" I replied. I stretch them out, and then put my palms in front of me. No more soft, human flesh.

It was this robotic hand that was heavy and cold.

"It's good you can control it easily," He said, and wrote down something in his papers, "But you must train more to get used to it and let the body adapt. After not being active for so long, your muscle mass deteriorated so working on your upper muscles will be crucial."

I nod in agreement. It was so long since I could do something with my hands. I try to hold the pillow. It feels strange. I can see I'm holding it but I can't feel it.

Noticing the mirror next to my bed I stand up and look at my body.

Oh my...

I was wearing this white strapless top that the doctor gave me, so he could examine that space between my real body and the metallic arm.

It showed my scars... my memories... my wars. My body changed so much in those couple of years. I narrowed my eyes, touching my chest and my stomach.

I look like a ruined doll that someone tries to save over and over.

"Whoa" I hear a voice behind me, and turn to see my raven-haired partner. His eyes gleamed.

I think he never saw me that... bare.

"What do you think?" I ask as I reach out my new hand.

He takes it gracefully, excitement crossing his face.

His thumb brushed the metallic material.

"I thought it would be softer, like plastic or something" He remarked.

"You mostly fight with your hands, so it's much safer to use this material." The doctor popped out again. I almost forgot he was in the room.

"Does it have any additions constructed inside?" - "No, I followed the contract"

I raised an eyebrow. What contract?

I send Juuzou a questioning look and he just smiles in return.

"Good~" Juuzou murmured, grabbing the fingers of my new arm. I wish I could feel it.

"I'm leaving you some papers about workouts you should consider adding to your routine. I will check up on you in about a week or two."

"Thank you, doctor"

The man excused himself and I put my shirt back on.

"I... might need gloves." I think out loud.

"Why? You don't like how they look?" Juuzou asked and sat on my bed.

"So it won't get any scratches. What's with that contract thing?" I asked. He tilted his head.

"Nothing you should worry about... just some commander things that don't concern you."

"It's my body so it concerns me" I glare at him.

"Do you need some workout equipment...? I will send Hanbee to get some if needed"

Oh, okay. So we are doing it like this.

"It would be unnecessary. I can work out at the gym here."

"Whatever suits you. Shell we visit Shinohara while we are still here?"