Thirteen

"Furuta san. What a surprise" Y/n said calmly as the man walked into her room.

"Good morning Y/n san! It's so nice to see you are doing well!" The man exclaimed with a blissful face.

"Thank you" She answered.

"Mind if I sit?" He politely asked and she nodded.

He sat on the small stool beside her bed, his hands cupping his cheeks.

"So what did I do to deserve the honor of getting a visit? I'm sure you are extremely busy" She questioned.

"I just wanted to see if you changed your mind" He playfully answered.

She narrowed her eyes.

"My answer is final" she quietly said.

He nodded in response.

"Have Suzuya told you the big announcement?" His eyes lit up.

"Not yet. What is it?"

"He was ordered to become the new Arima" He smiled innocently.

Y/n looked away and watched the tree outside her window.

"Is that so..." She murmured.

"Aren't you happy for him? He worked so hard" - "I'm happy... if he's happy. I do not care about titles"

Furuta looked annoyed but he put on a happy mask.

"He will be the one to eliminate the one-eyed king" His voice is too ardent in a way.

"What are you trying to say, Furuta?"

They locked their eyes on each other. Furuta smiled before saying

"It will be a shame if you won't be able to fight alongside him, isn't it? You can get much stronger"

Y/n squinted at him.

What game are you playing?

"The one-eyed king is pretty strong, to be honest. I am a little concerned about it" Furuta says politely and wears a worried look.

"Will you fail him again?"

Y/n fidgeted and was about to answer this rude comment, but then Juuzou appeared at the door. 

"Ohhhh Suzuya!" Furuta changed his tone, "Looks like your partner is doing well! It was nice to see ya~" Furuta stood up and send a grin to Juuzou.

Juuzou stares at the man without emotion in his eyes.

What a freak, Furuta thought to himself before vanishing.

"You look worried. Are you okay?" Juuzou questioned.

"Yes... I'm fine. Did you talk with the doctor about the... prosthesis?" - "Yes. And I brought you strawberry tart".

***

"How are the clown attacks?" Y/n asked her partner.

"They are doing a hit-and-run type of thing" Juuzou shrugged, and took another spoonful of strawberries, feeding her. She accepted it gratefully.

"So" Y/n murmured while chewing, "What is the strategy against them?"

Juuzou had that blithe look in his eyes.

"Furuta is hoping to predict their next attack... by analyzing the attacks so far. Ui took full responsability for his plan"

Y/n tensed. It felt weird that Ui would do that.