Eleven

Your Point Of View
***

My eyes were wet.

I slowly rise from where I lay. I can not recognize this place.

It was warm, and it had this familiar scent. I know this scent...

The skies are in a creamy light blue shade, and underneath me was soft green grass. I touch the grass, and it feels so real.

Where...Where am I?

I feel tears on my cheek. Why am I crying?

I take a deep breath in, trying to focus and understand what was going on. I feel so... exhausted... and lonely...

"Y/n"

No way.

I raise my gaze, and there he was. Wide shoulders, and a warm smile on his face.

"Shinohara san" I whisper in amusement. My hands cover my mouth as I stare at him overwhelmingly.

"Hey kid" His voice. I missed his voice so much. I jump up from my place and rush towards his hands. He is so warm and comforting.

"I...I missed you" I cry out.

"I know kid. I know" He puts his hand on my head and comforts me.

I have imagined this moment for so long. Why do I feel so sad?

"J-Juuzou... he really... misses you... we really need you..." I choke on my tears. My whole body shivered, and I started to feel dizzy.

"I'm with you, okay? Just breathe with me" He says and takes a deep breath. I follow him and feel my heart slowly slowing down its pace.

I let go of his body and stare at him. He looks just like he used to.

"Let's take a walk"

***

"Where are we?" I'm glancing around, still unable to recognize this place.

"I was about to ask that. Where do you think we are?" Shinohara asked, also looking around.

"It feels... nostalgic, isn't it?" I look at the tall man and he nods.

Trees, flowers, and some buildings. No people, No sound.

"Are we... dead?" I ask with a grave tone.

"I don't think so" Shinohara scratches his head and puts his hands in his pockets.

I think about Juuzou and my team and my heart aches.

"You look worried" Shinohara points out.

"I...I was wounded... pretty badly... I remember Cochlea crashing down. I... failed everyone" my voice is woeful.

"I can say the same" Shinohara said calmly, "Did I fail you?"

"No!" I shake my head, "You are a hero! You saved us!"

"But I lost, haven't I?"

My eyes narrowed and my lips formed a thin line.

"Look kid, just because you lost the fight, doesn't mean you failed. It's just a part of the job. Don't be hard on yourself"

His kindness was always remarkable. In this harsh world, where you have to fight for your life, investigators can be really rude and emotionless. But Shinohara never was one. He always showed us both punctiliousness and compassion.

"Juuzou... works really hard for your sake" I say in a quiet tone.

"Is that so..." He chuckles, looking gracefully at the sky.