Two Lines

" I I "

I stared at the test in disbelief; no way could I be pregnant. I was only 21; In my third year of college, still living on campus here at San Francisco State University. I know you're probably wondering who my baby's father is and well it's an NBA player; Jordan Poole. We meet during Championship Parade and every since then we've been together, but keeping it low-key with only our close friends knowing.

How was I supposed to tell him that I was pregnant. Sure it takes two to make a baby, but I was far from stupid; I know how professional athletes are when a girl they'r supposed to be "casually" dating comes up pregnant. Suddenly you go from being someone they can use to get a nut off to being a hoe and using them for money. Sure Jordan was a sweetheart, but I put nothing past men these days. I didn't know what to do at this present moment. All I could do was cry, this was not the life I planned out for myself, but I also had no one to blame, but us because we should have been more careful. Walking out of the bathroom of my apartment I was met with my roommate/close friend Amira

"Well what did it say?" She asked me.

"Im going to be a mommy." I replied holding the test up with a smug smile and tears rolling down my face.

"Oh girl.... what do you think Jordan's going to say?" She asked.

"I don't know... I'm kinda scared to tell him. What if he doesn't want the baby Amira?" I said taking a seat on the couch throwing my head back.

"Don't think like that Y/N the best thing for you to do right now is just tell him. Regardless of how he reacts; I'm going to be here for you every step of the way. Hell I'll be the daddy is he don't want to." She said causing me to let out a chuckle in the mist of my tears.

"I'll tell him; just have to figure out how and when." I said sighing.

*****

"Yo JP, what's your plans for tonight?" I heard Steph ask me.

"Nothing really, I probably just chill, work on my shooting maybe." I replied back.

"Well Esh is doing dinner and told me to invite the team and their girls, so if you and Y/N would like to swing by y'all should." He said to me.

I replied with an okay, but the thing is Y/N hasn't been responding to my text all day, so once I left the practice facility I decided to try calling her to see if she'd be down for dinner at the Curry's tonight. Picking up my phone to call her I immediately got the dial tone and sent to voicemail. This was unusual for Y/N, we talked everyday, so why was she deliberately ignoring me. I started to make my way to her apartment to see if she was home and get down to what was going on.

*****

I was sitting in my room looking up local OBGYN offices that had appointments available for me to come in. Jordan has been texting and calling me, but right now I just did not want to be bother until I figured out a way to tell him about the baby. I stood up from my bed to grab my trash can because every since I took that stupid test I've been feeling like I'm going to throw up everything I ate today. I stopped by floor length mirror looking in it; lifting my shirt, I stared at my stomach. It was still flat pretty much, but there was a small pudge at the bottom. This is real life in the next 9 months I was going to have a baby. What would my parents think, what will everyone think when they find out? My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the front door.

Amira left about an hour ago to go to a study group and I wasn't expecting company, so in my mind I was confused as who would be at the door. Making my way there; I peeped through the peep-hole seeing Jordan standing at my door. My heart sank to my ass; I know I was ignoring him, but I was not thinking he was going to pop up at my apartment. I let out a deep sigh and opened the door for him.

"Well hello Y/N, how are you? I've been trying to reach you all day." Jordan said to me.

"I'm sorry Jordan; I've just had a long day and didn't want to be bothered." I said welcoming him inside.

"Well as your boyfriend, when you're having a bad day I should be someone you can come to. So what's bothering you love." He said grabbing my hand leading me to the couch; placing me down on his lap.

Letting out a deep sigh I decided I was just going to rip the band-aid off and reveal to him the news. "I have to tell you something Jordan, and I don't know how you're going to react to it."

"Well what is it babygirl?" He asked.

"I- I'm p-pregnant." I said tripping over my words a little as I felt the lump form in my throat.

The silence in the room was so loud, Jordan looked stuck. I desperately needed him to say something before I lost it.

"Jordan please say something or I'm going to start freaking out." I pleaded.

Instead of saying something he stood himself up along with myself, grabbing my face planting a sweet long kiss upon my lips; finishing it off with a tight hug.

"We're going to have a baby!" He yelled out causing me to let out a chuckle shaking my head yes.

I was so nervous about telling him thinking he was going to leave me, but here we are and he seems more excited then I could've imagined.

"Looks like we're getting ready to become parents"
__________

liked by jordan_poole, ayeshacurry, amiraceline, and 145,345 others therealYn: SURPRISE!!! Our Baby Boy is growing beautifully can't wait to meet you little one💙

therealYn: SURPRISE!!! Our Baby Boy is growing beautifully can't wait to meet you little one💙

liked by therealYn, stephencurry, ayeshacurry, and 350,899 others jordan_poole: Well looks like we'll be poppin different bottles this year! Can't wait to meet our little man 💙

jordan_poole: Well looks like we'll be poppin different bottles this year! Can't wait to meet our little man 💙