3. Sixth Sense

Mario: *staggering* Meggy!? H-How did you know...How?

Mario looked towards the crashed car against the light pole, and then back to Meggy.

From Mario's perspective, Meggy had sensed the car coming without even looking to see it coming. She had even seen it before it even happened. This had puzzled Mario completely. He had no idea how to even react.

Meggy: Red! Are you okay?

Mario: I'm fine, Meggy. How did you know that the car there was going to lose control?

Meggy: I...Um...

She looked to her side slightly to see Desti standing there, knelt down beside her.

Desti: Tell him.

Meggy: I...I heard it coming, and I just...Had a feeling.

Mario: A feeling?

Meggy stood to her feet and offered Mario a hand. He took it immediately to be helped up, just in time for some bystanders to rush in to help the person who was still in the car.

Mario: Don't you think we should help them?

Meggy: I'm already calling the Police. You go help the driver. I'll catch up.

She motions towards the other three people that were trying to force the driver door open to get to the driver who appeared unconscious inside.

Desti: What was that for!?

Meggy: What do you think? I can't just tell him I talk to you like a normal person. He'll think I'm insane!

Desti: Nonsense. He probably talks to dead people too.

Meggy could only roll her eyes as she continued to hold her phone to her ear, pretending to make a phone call.

Meggy: What ever happened to "Leave me alone tonight?"

Desti: I did leave you alone! I was just...Watching from a distance.

Meggy: Ew! Gross! What if me and Mario...You know...

Desti: Yeah, I'd give you some space...*gasp* Are you implying that you want to sleep with him!?

Meggy: Are you nuts!? I meant kiss him!

Desti: Well how was I supposed to know that!? Plus, Ew.

Meggy: Because you're not supposed to! Now leave me alone!! And I can make out with whomever I please!

Mario turned back to see that Meggy was no longer on the phone, but was screaming towards nothing but air.

Meggy: Now go! Get out of here and leave us alone! If I need you, I'll call, but just Get out of my head!!

Desti vanished from sight almost immediately, and Meggy was almost shivering from anger. Mario called for someone else to take his place in holding a part of the car up so he could approach Meggy again. He came up behind her while her back was turned and tried to calm her down, knowing she was stressing about something.

Mario: Meggy, what's wrong?

Meggy: Nothing's Wrong!

She turned towards Mario, and froze for a split second before regaining her composure.

Meggy: Sorry...I'm...Losing my mind right now.

Mario: Do you need a ride home?

Meggy: No, you don't need to do that. I'll be fine.

Mario: Meggy. You're not well. Why don't you stay at my place tonight?

Meggy: No, Red. Really.

Mario: Let me finish helping these people out, and then we're leaving, okay?