11. Mushroom Kingdom's Most Wanted (part 1)

Previously, On Our Destiny...

Harley: The name's Harley.

Meggy: ...Megan

Xavier: Hey. You. Ginger.

Harley turns his attention to Xavier, the supposed leader of the group he was just sitting with.

Xavier: What brings a pretty thing like you to this institution?

Meggy sat silently, trying to eat in peace.

Xavier: If you want this path, let me show you what happens to those that refuse my services.

He picks up the plastic shank with his free hand and holds it threateningly close to Meggy's face.

Xavier: There is a price we pay in this prison. One paid with blood...All thanks to you from all those years ago.

Meggy's eyes were beginning to become overcome with fear.

Meggy: *thoughts* I'm gonna die in here.

Summer: You lost her!?

Anthony: Mario interfered and would not let me pass.

Triton: Why didn't you just end his life? It's not like it'll affect us.

Anthony: I don't know what happened with this run. Something...Was off.

Summer: You always say that when you fail a mission!

Anthony: I know, but something, just, felt...Wrong about all this. Maybe...We are the bad guys here?

Luigi: What are you up to?

Mario: I'm gonna break Meggy out of prison.

Quinn: Not afraid? When was I ever supposed to be scary towards you?

Meggy gave him a short glare.
Quinn rolled his eyes.

Quinn: ...Okay. Fear, Huh?

He stands up, and begins to walk away from the table, and just as Meggy and the others began to let their guard down, Quinn came up behind Meggy and lifted her out of her chair, and slammed her down onto the table.

He spun her around so she was laying on her back, and used his knees to pin her arms down.

Quinn: You're gettin' off way too easy round here! You claim to know no fear? I'll show you fear.

A heavy door slowly slammed shut, Douglas being on the inside of it. The thick door had only a small window looking out into the dingy hall with a singular barred window to the outside world.

Guard: It surprises me every single day how unbelievably ridiculous people like you can be.

Mario walks off in the opposite direction in search for Meggy's cell.
It was time for action. He was going to start the plan to break his friends out of prison.

He rounded into an office to take a small break in order to remain as inconspicuous as possible, until he froze.

Standing in front of him was a very familiar figure. His back was to him, but recognition came across him instantly.

The same exact person who had almost killed him a few nights prior, was standing against the counter with an unfamiliar woman in the same uniforms as him.