7. Intruders

SMG4 felt his head ringing as consciousness began to return to him. He groaned a bit as his eyes opened slowly.

SMG4: W-What...Happened?

His vision was too blurry to see whoever was standing in front of him. He could only guess.

SMG4: B-Bob? Mario? Saiko? Whoever, you are...What's going on?

His vision began to focus more and his eyes narrowed quickly as he noticed it was not one person, but two of them. Both, people he didn't recognize.

He then noticed he was restrained.

SMG4: What the!? Hey! What's going on!? Why am I tied up!?

Anthony: Calm down. We're only taking precautionary measures.

SMG4: Precautionary measures!? Against what!?

Anthony: Calm down.

A door opens nearby, and Tari and Boopkins were escorted out by Summer. Triton followed, a weapon in his hands.

Tari: What's the meaning of this? What do you want?

Boopkins: I don't wanna die today!

Summer: You won't die today, Boopkins. Just listen to us.

Boopkins: How do you know my name!?

Summer: That answer is complicated.

SMG4: Whatever you guys want, just please leave them all out of this. Just tell me what it is, and I'll take you to it.

Anthony: We're looking for Megan Spletzer. Is she around?

SMG4: What in the world did Meggy do to piss you guys off?

Triton: We are just searching for her. We don't want to harm her.

Anthony: But we will not let others slow us. So please, if you may, tell us where she is.

SMG4: I don't know! I swear! The best I can offer is that she's probably at her apartment sleeping!

Tari: Why are you giving our friend up like that!?

SMG4: I'm scared, okay!? And I don't even know if she's there!

Anthony nods to Summer, and she slides her pistol back into its holster on her hip and walks off towards the front castle doors.

Boopkins: Where's she going?

Anthony: Just to survey the area. Keep hostile threats away.

Triton: While she does that, I will stay here to keep an eye on you guys while he goes to look for the hot ginger chick.

Tari: But wouldn't it be better to at least wait until morning? You'll make a lot of noise.

Anthony: I'll take my chances.

Anthony turns to walk out of the Castle, leaving Triton with the other three.

Tari: ...This is why I hate staying up late...

Mario slept peacefully with Meggy holding him close in her arms. He had wrapped one of his own arms around her sometime in his sleep, his forehead resting against hers.
Nothing could've been better for him.

He just had the best night of his life, and it was shared with his best friend, Meggy.

His eyes opened slowly as his ears registered knocking at Meggy's front door.
Mario looked towards the room door, then at Meggy.
She was still sound asleep.

Mario slowly wriggled his way out of her arms to try and not wake her so he could investigate whatever was at the door.

Meggy stirred in her sleep slightly, which made Mario freeze. The last thing he wanted to do was wake her.