Chapter 19: Sports Festival Pt. 1

2 weeks later, UA High School's stadium,

All of the UA staff were sitting at the ready in various positions throughout the stadium and bleachers. Mic and Eraserhead were sitting in the commentary box, Midnight was on the front stage delivering the announcements, Snipe was on lookout, and Hound Dog was covering the patrol of the stadium. Cementoss and Recovery Girl were on standby too, with Cementoss being ready to fix the environment and Recovery Girl ready to patch up anyone in the infirmary.

All of the students of the first year's 11 classes were there, save for 1 person, and were ready and willing to fight in the tournament. All of the students were currently wearing the UA Standard PE uniforms, which were dark blue pants and short sleeve shirt with white lines that made them look like the letters U and A. There were a few students though that had special equipment for their quirks, to make sure that could properly utilize their quirks, and were given permission to use them by the staff.

"Alright then everyone, are you all ready for the UA Sports Festival!!?" Midnight announced, seeing that it was time to start. The crowd and most of the students all erupted into cheers, giving Midnight her answer.

"Today we will be having a course of 3 stages, with the first 2 being decided at random, and the last one being a standard 1 vs 1 tournament style of 16 students. The first round, only 42 of you will pass to the next stage. The first round is..." Midnight explained the basic rules of the Sports, before the giant stadium screen depicted a buzzard wheel being spun, before it landed on something called Obstacle Race.

"Obstacle Race!! In this type of round, all the students will participate in an obstacle course of 3 challenges, and the first 42 who cross the finish line back into the stadium will pass on to the next round! All students, get ready at the starting line!" Midnight explained the rules of round one, and the students were left wondering what type of obstacles they'd face. The students nevertheless lined up behind the stadium starting line.

In the staff observation room,

The staff members, that were observing the students of the courses for potential hero course transfers, were sitting in the room and watching intently the various participants.

"So then, do you think our students can actually hold their own against the rest?" Vlad asked, practically to no one.

"They're hero course students, I'd assume that they earned their place there, and that only a few with no potential would fail." Lunch Rush said, assuring Vlad that he didn't have too much to worry about.

"Some students aren't here to participate though." Inko said bitterly. She was referring to her 'son' Izuku, who was nowhere to be seen at all.

"Some students won't need to have anyone scouting them out, since they're already heroes to begin with. Quit complaining and just watch." Nezu said with a tick mark on his head, tired of having Inko and Toshinori arguing.

Back with the students,

"And Begin!!" Midnight said suddenly, with the students fumbling over themselves to start the race. Immediately, the floor of the stadium and the floor of the exit tunnel was frozen over in blue ice. Most of the students of the various courses were now stuck to the floor by the ice around their feet, giving the 2 creators of the ice a head start.

"What a head start!! Todoroki Shouto and Todoroki Shoka have just now started off the race by freezing their competition in place!! Their quirks are built for both freezing cold and blistering heat!" Mic said while those in the bleachers cheered at the race starting with such energy.

"Don't think you'll beat us!!" 2 voices from behind said, and the Todoroki siblings turned around to see the Bakugou twins both using their explosions to fly faster and faster towards them, and not slipping on the ice. Izumi was behind them, using her telekinesis to fly with a green glow around her body.