chapter eleven

I woke up the next morning feeling like I'm hangover. My head was killing me and my body was too tired I had to drag myself out of bed.

I suppose what happened last night was partly my fault, but images of marc's face kept coming back to me, his word kept screaming at me again and again.

I used to wonder why all of this was happening to me. I used to look at other people's life and think why I have lost so much. Too bad I was a kid then. After I grew up, I understood that when life takes something away from you, it gives something in return.

I used to look at my friends and cry because I can't have what they have. A family, a mum, a dad...

turns out I can survive without them.

Right now when I look at them in the same direction, I don't think the same thing anymore; I just pray that for only once, they will understand that they spent their lives looking for a blessing when they already have it since the day they were born. 

It is so ironic how things go together.

I looked at the calendar and I realized that my time is running so fast. I went to my kitchen and my mind floats to joseph and I remembered what Katherine told me.

And then everything Katherine told me came back. Would that be it? I leave everything and go?

I opened my laptop and checked my work emails. There was an email from vogue saying they want a critic about victoria secret's latest fashion show so I jumped directly to work watching the show and writing.

In 3 hours my work was done. I sent the email, took a final sip from my coffee and closed the laptop.

I put on my coat and decide to take a walk. While I closed the door, a car parked in my driveway. I took a step forward when a tall guy wearing a white shirt and black pants climbs out of the car and walks towards me. I tried to recognize his face but I was pretty sure it was the first time I see him.

"Hello. Ms. Angelina?" he extends his arm waiting for me.

"Umm yes. Hi" I shake his hand "how may I help you?" I asked

"I was in town and I remembered that Aunt Linda used to live here, I thought you might be here" he said shoving his hands in his pocket and shaking his shoulder like it's no big deal

"aunt? Who, ummm excuse me but who are you?" how many secrets did she keep away from me?

"Oh I'm sorry I forgot. I'm joey" his name didn't ring any bell... 

"I'm sorry joey but I still don't remember you and what did you forget?" A feature of disappointment appears on his face but he clears it out immediately.

"It's alright i don't know how did I expect you to recognize me" he smiles a little it but I can see he's not happy about it. Who is he?

"Umm when did we meet?" I asked

"it's okay it's no big deal"

"no please tell me maybe I will remember"
He shakes his head and seemed sad a bit.
"well, I don't remember exactly when we met but we used to be good friends when we were kids. God this is so pathetic" he laughed and his smile shines out. He's a good looking guy.

"I'm sorry I can't... I"

"no it's fine, it was nice seeing you again though, take care" and then he climbs back into his car and drives away.

I wonder why I can't remember anything when I was a kid. It has been a problem for me lately. I don't even remember the accident but Linda told me what happened. Now I can't remember this guy and her daughter too. Maybe, maybe I need to talk about this to someone who knows me in my past. I laughed when I couldn't think about anyone; the thought is so stupid I felt bad for myself.