chapter nine

Every one of us has a blessing; some may see it right now, some other later, and maybe some will never see it. It is not always clear though, but one thing I'm sure of, a blessing is not born with us, but we earn it throughout the years of our lives. What's keeping my mind rolling is:

what was my blessing? What was Mrs. Hamsworf's? 

Did she even consider thinking about enjoying her life or was she too busy taking care of her girl then of me, then of herself?

The thought kept coming back to me every time I'm alone, and since the doctor's clinic is not so overcrowded in the morning, I had no other choice.

I had my little story with me so I decided to read in it a bit but the assistant cut me off when I was just about to start

"Ms. Stephan" she called out

"yes, that would be me" I answered so her attention is now on me

"doctor grey will see you now" she opened the door so I stood up and walked taking my bag and my book with me.

The clinic was quiet the same though, I think I remember it just like that, the white walls, the bed at the end of the room, the desk, the medicine kit on the left, and on the wall beside the door, there's a map of the human body.

"Hello Dr. grey" I greeted as I pulled my hand out

"hello Angelina how are you doing?" he asked me while shaking my hand. I tried not to giggle to the thought in my head, when somebody asks you how are you doing, it's just normal, you say you're fine whatever you don't care, but when a doctor asks you, holly cow you think a million times before answering.

"I don't know what's going on with me" I said as I set on the bed just like I used to when I was 8. I'm surprised I even remember this place.

"tell me what's wrong?" he asked me as he pulled a paper and a pen from his desk

"I've been having unbelievably painful head-aches since the day I landed in Nashville" I informed him

"well, were you having the same kind of head-aches before?"

"No, not really, when I was in New York I didn't have it" maybe a little bit when the accident happened but it was nothing compared to this.

"Well you don't have anything on your medical record here, I will have to ask you to check in an X-ray for me by tomorrow, I will contact the hospital near the Hilton Park, they are the best at this, and I will see you again tomorrow, same time"

"so should I go today?" I asked

"preferably yes" which was clear that it's definitely today.

I turned the engine on and pulled into the street, thinking about my last night with marc, it was so calm I actually enjoyed every bit of it.

My thoughts were cut off by my phone ringing, I swiped and answered

"hello"

"good morning beautiful" I giggled myself

"good morning marc" I managed to let it out in the same way he was talking

" where are you, are you driving?"

"Yes, I'm on the road"

"hahh I could never forget the sound of that old grandma Volvo" we both laughed "where are you going?"

"To the hospital" I informed him

"What?!" he screamed a little "what's wrong with you? Are you okay?"