XII.

Words: 1398
Warning: None <3

...

"His smile is adorable."

...

Tsireya audibly gasped at my confession "I knew it, every time Lo'ak smiled you did the same!" she jumped with excitement.
"I had to admit it at one point." I muttered covering my mouth trying to hide my smile.

This time I was accepting my feelings, when I was with Lo'ak it seemed like there wasn't anything negative in this world.
His smile was one of the best things I could've ever seen, and the fact that he was smiling because of me just made it better. I wanted to tell him that but I had to keep it to myself, I still didn't know what he felt about me.

"And it's so obvious he's interested in you." Tsireya interrupted my thoughts "What? No, he's just being nice." I replied "I didn't know being nice meant searching for physical contact all the time." she resided an eyebrow sarcastically "How did you not notice it? I'm telling you, he's really interested."

Tsireya smiled watching me thinking about this situation "I don't know, we're just getting to know each other.." I tried to contain my excitement imagining that Lo'ak was interested too.

"Ever heard of 'love at first sight'?" she asked smiling, I seriously didn't know how to respond to that so I just stared at the village "How many days until the Tulkuns arrive?" I changed the subject "About two or three days. Getting needy are we?"

"I just miss her Reya." she chuckled at my seriousness "I know Y/N, miss them too. But they're coming, and that's all that matters." I looked at her smiling comfortingly.
"I should go to my pod. See you tomorrow Reya." she clicked her tongue "You won't be seeing me tomorrow 'cause you'll be with Lo'ak all day!" she said while I made my way to the Marui pods.

I sighed knowing that she wasn't wrong.

...

Two days have passed and I and Lo'ak got even closer. During this time I could see his kindness and stubbornness at their best.
Sometimes he could get kind of annoying but every time I told him that, he would apologize and try to make it up for it.

You could say he was almost perfect, and his dedication to learning our ways was amazing but when he had some controversial opinions, you couldn't change his mind; he thinks like that and always will.
Still, he was a great person, we got more comfortable with physical contact and we were both searching for it.

Sometimes it was awkward because it seemed like he wanted to say something but never did.
I always wonder what's going on in his mind.

Another thing is that he taught me their ways, and in general talked to me about the Omatikaya clan.
It made me excited to see him so happy talking about their culture and how they hunt, yet one thing that struck me is how Ikrans choose their 'owner' for a lifetime.
They don't bond with any other Na'vi like Ilu's, it's like finding their soulmate, and it's honestly one of the cutest things someone could ever teach me.

However today was more important, the day I've been waiting for so long has finally come. The Tulkuns were back.
Hearing the seashell horn and the clan cheer with pure joy meant just one thing.

"Come everybody! Our brothers and sisters have returned!" I could hear Tsireya in the distance, I got out of my pod and there they were, those beautiful creatures swimming towards us.

I called my Ilu immediately and dropped into the water swimming through the small creatures populating the ocean, it was all so magical.

Then suddenly I felt someone tapping my shoulder and as I turned I saw Lo'ak and Neteyam on the same Ilu following me.
I grinned at them and they returned the gaze, I signed to follow me on the surface and they did.

"We saw you just throwing yourself into the water so fast, I thought I wouldn't find you." Lo'ak said between pants. I smiled shyly "He even dragged me with him not giving me the time to call my Ilu to me." Neteyam slapped Lo'ak's head.

I chuckled seeing Lo'ak's reaction "You can get on mine Neteyam, I'll just mount with Lo'ak." I said without thinking and I could see Lo'ak's ears turn suddenly.
"Is that okay with you?" the older brother asked the younger one "Yeah, go ahead." Neteyam smirked and patted his brother's shoulder.

I and Neteyam switched places and as I got behind Lo'ak I could feel his body tense up, but I get it, we've never been this close to each other and I started regretting my decision.

"See you at the village, I'm just going to look around." Neteyam waved us goodbye and left. Now, of course, me and Lo'ak were alone.
"Have you found your spirit sister?" he asks trying to make this less awkward "No,, I'm starting to get a bit worried." I say looking around "She should be here somewhere." the boy says patting the creature under him.

Some minutes passed and then I screamed "She's there!" I pointed at one of the Tulkuns and when she saw me she exclaimed as well "I see now why you're spirit sisters." Lo'ak commented and started to go towards the giant Tulkun.

I got off the Ilu and started talking to her "How are you?" I signed "Better now that you're here." she missed me too and that just made me even happier.
I started telling her everything about what happened these last few days.

About Lo'ak.

I kind of lost connection with reality whilst talking to her and at some point she noticed that Lo'ak was there all alone "You should go to him." she interrupted me "Are you sure? I don't want to leave you alone." but she insisted, saying that she will go to the other Tulkuns, so I waved goodbye and began to go to Lo'ak.

He looked surprised to see me go back to the surface.
"Are you done?" he asked giving me his hand so I could get on the Ilu easier "Yeah, I really missed her but I didn't want to leave you here alone." I said taking his hand.

We were now facing each other, "You should stay with her, I don't want to be a burden." he says looking away "Who said you're a burden? Plus, I've told her everything and she did the same, so we're all done." I smile.

He was about to say something but the Tulkuns started to jump around and the other Na'vi began to cheer all together.
I looked around feeling so grateful to be in touch with such wonderful animals "This is so beautiful, isn't it?" I shifted my gaze to Lo'ak just to see that he was already looking at me smiling.

We looked at each other without saying anything, I stared into his eyes for who knows how long and he did the same. All the noises around us seemed to shut down.

"You're even more beautiful." he almost whispered.
My face started to heat up, I was starting to think this was all a dream.
I didn't know what I wanted to do, yet my body started to get closer to Lo'ak's. I could feel the nervousness rising up and then, it happened.

I kissed Lo'ak.

It was more of a small peck, when I left his lips I could see his eyes lighting up and without any hesitation, he kissed me again.

This time it was longer, he took my face with one hand while the other one was placed on my thigh.
I wrapped his neck softly with my hands and kissed him back.
It was perfect, it felt like our bodies melted together.
My heart felt like it was about to explode, and I felt so warm against his touch, I never wanted to forget this feeling.

It lasted some moments, I started giggling since he didn't want to let go.
"I didn't think I would've ever gotten the chance to hold you like this." he said trying to catch his breath. I was still looking into his eyes trying to say something; anything.

Everything clicked together perfectly.
I finally realized that I trusted him. It wasn't an act, it was real.

"I see you, Lo'ak."

...

A/N: It finally happened!! It's my first time writing a kiss scene so I hope it's good ^^
I'm so excited to show you this chapter, actually really proud of it.
Hope you enjoyed and stay safe <33