016

+ before i start, this one is requested to be put here by @bearsilove! if you want me to put oneshots from tumblr or ao3 here drop them in the comments

Tiny Hands by mae-is-crazy

ʚ ✦ ♥︎ ∞ ☾ ɞ

Neteyam could never tell this family about Y/N.

Of course they knew she existed. She was Spider's older sister, after all, so it was only natural to see the two together. They and the Sully children had practically grown up together.

As the children got older, however, something changed in the way Neteyam saw Y/N. Somehow, the girl's E/C eyes sparked more underneath her mask, and her wide smile when he'd tease her made his heart skip whole beats. For the longest time, the eldest of the Sully clan kept his true feelings to himself in fear of ruining his already perfect life with the human girl.

It was her that eventually confessed her feelings first, much to Neteyam's relief. And he was more than excited when she asked to be his girlfriend, knowing what could happen if either sides of their people found out. So, for the past few months, the two were a secret couple. The two were careful to not stir any suspicion within the Omatikaya people, only sparing the occasional flirtatious grin or brushing their hands against each other.

At nighttime, however, when Neteyam's family was fast asleep, the two were able to act as their true selves in freedom, without the fear of The People's judgement. At night, it was Neteyam and Y/N against the world.

"You know I hate heights," Y/N mumbled from behind Neteyam's back. Her body was pressed against his with tight arms around his waist. Neteyam chuckled, placing one hand on top of hers as he kept his Ikran steady in the air.

"Do you really think I'm going to let you fall?"

Neteyam could feel Y/N's head shake behind him, but her grip remained tight. He patted her arm, humming for her to hold on as he dipped the flying creature to land on a floating mountain.

It was their secret spot, theirs and theirs alone. Neteyam had found it while flying in patrol one evening, and the two had been going there almost every single night.

Neteyam hopped off his Ikran first, reaching behind him to help Y/N down. When she landed on the slightly dewy grass, it lit up with each step, a bioluminescent wonderland. It never failed to get the girl smirking, much to Neteyam's amusement.

"Hey," she whispered before stepping onto her tippy-toes, placing one of her hands on his cheek. He leaned into her touch, his tail beginning to sway side-to-side. He used to be embarrassed by it, but Y/N adored the cute little reaction. "I wanna talk to you about something."

Neteyam nodded, letting her lead him through the thicket and into a denser patch of forestland. The world around them was alive even at the darkest time of night. Eywa was truly wondrous.

She stopped in front of a little pond, sitting herself down and filling her toes carefully in the water, taking her time as she got used to the water's chilly temperature. As Neteyam moved to sit by her side, he couldn't help by smile when he noticed the night difference. She was about the same height as Tuk, who was still a baby in his eyes. Y/N turned to face him as she noticed his staring.

"You okay?"

Neteyam gulped. "Yes. What was it you wanted to talk to me about?"