018

'' wait, this isn't a prank? '' by tysukets on tumblr

ʚ ♥︎ ɞ

Much like spider, you had grown up on pandora. Your parents mostly being out of the picture, and dying while you were very young had allowed Neytiri and Jake to take you in.

Growing up you never felt much different — perhaps only the size of your body and the color of your skin, those being the only things that really stood out to you.

If you asked yourself, ''Do you feel like you don't belong here?.'' When you were maybe, ten, your answer would've been, ''Of course not, this is my home and these are the people I grew up with.''
But asking that question now, when you're older — and feelings are more complex, you'd say ''I do, I feel like I'll never fit in, like I'm an error in a puzzle.''

At first it was something you couldn't get through your head, you'd try to accept that you'll always be different, and that you'll always be inferior to the others. — like an extra tough pill to swallow, as much as you wanted to be like them, you knew it was something you could dream of, as much as you wanted, but never have.

At some point, the situation that made you accept who you were, was when you came to an ultimatum about your feelings for Neteyam — you wished day and night that he'd return what you felt, but each time you'd try to confess he assumed you were playing a prank, and Lo'aks pest behavior while you were trying to confess made matters even worse.

You figured, hm, perhaps this is a sign I really never will be one of them, maybe Neteyam is too nice to outright reject me — too nice to say, ''No, you're a human — I could never be with one of you.''

You knew that the other Na'vi talked about you — you heard the whispers, outcast, weak, frail, demon.
Neteyam would try his best to assure you not to listen, but you knew his thoughts were similar to what the others would say. And you couldn't blame him, or any of them for the matter. You were merely an intruder, a parasite in their home.

You were on your way from one of the labs when you had run into Lo'ak, his face desperately trying, and failing to hide a smirk. You tried to hold back a tired, very tired sigh — you loved him but his idiotic ''adventures'' or however he liked to call them left you wanting to get eaten by a thanator, which, by the way has almost happened because again - Lo'ak is an idiot.

''No, whatever it is no — I will not get caught up in your stupid 'quests' and then have to suffer the consequences Lo'ak.'' You tried walking right past the much, much taller boy but to no avail as he quite literally grabbed you by the shoulders and kept you put.

''Nah listen, I got an amazing idea okay? Like you're gonna literally love me for this - infact, you'll owe me after this.'' You huffed and slowly plucked his fingers off your shoulder — ''Okay, fine - I will listen but if it starts sounding even the smallest bit stupid I am leaving.''

He grinned and sat you down on a nearby log, ''Okay so we both know how you and my brother have been prancing around each other like birds ready to mate-'' You frowned quickly speaking over him — ''No, we haven't, if anything it's just been me, he absolutely will never and absolutely doesn't have feelings for me Lo'ak, don't be harsh.''

— The younger boy stutters with a disgruntled face, ''Are you- wait, you're not actually THIS blind are you? He's literally in love with you..has been since he's been like nine.'' Lo'ak continues staring at you like you've stepped on his tail — on purpose.