Chapter 11

One year later

Jaime

   "Jaime!"

   "Who what?!........whaaaa?" I slurred as I jumped in my seat from the teacher's sudden calling.

   "Sleeping, again are we?"

   "It's been a long week," I said letting my head fall back on my neck.

   "Be that as it may, are you able to tell me what 100 divided by 2(X) is?"

   "Look, Mr. I don't even know...,"

   "Chambers!"

   "Whatever, I don't speak math at nine am on a Monday,"

   He sighed and pointed to the door, and I groaned and walked out with my bag.

The whole thing with the sirens and mermaids completely drove me to exhaustion. I had to be at all major meetings to keep peace and mediate what went on because supposedly they all looked up to me now. Megan at least took a lot of the stress away, same with Laney, but then pressure from Cameron became stress that Kayla evened out. my life was a fucking emotional rollercoaster. I stumbled down the stairs and some girl tried to push me, but I yanked her arm toward me and tripped her causing her to fall instead.

   "Can you not?" I ask with annoyance.

   "Fucking fag!" The girl sneered as she limped away.

The joys of daily rejection from society, ah you can't beat it.

   "Don't hate on sticks, they haven't done anything wrong you ignorant shit!" I called after her as I walked the opposite towards the exit.

   "Jaime!"

   "Megan!" I hugged my girlfriend and kissed her softly, and I heard a clearing of a throat.

   "Can you not do that right in front of me?"

   "Hey, Cam. Laney," I nod and hold my hands up in surrender, only to be possessively grabbed around the waist by Megan.

   "God, I hate human high school," Laney moaned as she grabbed her head.

   "Um, why?"

   "So many yummy kids,"

   "Oh.... right," I nodded.

   "Laney, can you stop thinking about eating for one minute" Cameron laughed and Laney blushed.

   "Yeah.....," Laney trailed off as she checked a girl who walked by.

Cam cleared her throat, but Laney kept checking and eventually Cam had to forcefully turn Laney's head toward her by her chin.

   "No touch," Cam shook her head and Laney sighed before knocking Cam's hand away.

   "Fiiiiiine,"

   "So, why you out of class?" Cameron asked.

   "Why are you?"

   "Skipping!" Laney giggled liked she was excited, as she raised her hand.

   "All three of you?"

   "Nah, I was grabbing water...," Megan shrugged.

   "Laney?"

   "Got in trouble, meant to go office,"

   "She's learning!" Kayla laughed, as she slung her arm around me and Megan.

   "Hey, sis,"