Chapter 18

Megan  

   Wincing as a silver arrow whizzed past my shoulder, cutting me a tiny bit, I used water in the pipes beneath us to blast an enemy into a wall, their skin smoking from the heat of my blast. Kayla and Miles were taking on evil me while Laney and Cam held off damn near everything else. Out of nowhere I heard a scream and I looked to my right to see a silver blade through Laney's chest. Blood exploded from the wound and she fell to her knees, behind her was Evil Cameron and my sister roared with rage and tackled evil her to the ground, only to be blasted back by the Atlantean and still I struggled to process all that happened in the last minute, Miles and Kayla looked away for a split second and evil me's hands burst from their chests as well. Suddenly we all turned our heads to the sky as we heard a series of massive thunderclaps and the sky lit up with so much lightning I couldn't see. Our eyes slowly drifted towards the ocean just in time to hear a scream of rage that echoed off of everything, the ground shook violently, and the winds ripped up trees and blew away the UN building like it was a speck of dust as tidal wave at least 150 feet high rose and crashed into us full force. Yet Jaime gave me and the others an extremely gentle impact.

   I looked over to see a bunch of red clouds under the waves, and when it dispersed I realized everyone except the world leaders, me, and our friends had been killed. The water receded away from the leaders and the current took the rest back into the ocean, and I sensed Jaime trying to desperately heal everyone best she could. The water around Laney, Miles, and Kayla glowed brightly, and I swam over to Cam and held her hand tightly.

   "you think she'll be ok?" Cam asked quietly as she finally teared up.

   "I don't know but if anyone can heal them it is Jaime. And we both know she's doing everything she can," I whispered back and Cam nodded with a sniffle. I saw Jaime materialize in front of me from all the water, the water around Laney and the others she was trying to heal froze into an ice block around them.

   "they need more attention than I can provide right now, so I'm freezing them so their condition doesn't worsen," Jaime explained with a tired sigh and Cam looked at her with worry.

   "What?! Why can't you heal her now?!" she shouted at Jaime who glared back at her.

   "BECAUSE I'M DEALING WITH ATLANTIS, JOHNNY, AND TRYING MY DAMNDEST TO KEEP YOU ALL OUT OF HARMS WAY GOING FORWARD!!" Jaime shouted back causing a massive vibration throughout the ocean, and yet Cam kept glaring at Jaime, "be thankful I'm not freezing you all too," she sighed as she looked away.

  "Hey, Cam calm down. Jaime's doing everything she can given the circumstances," I said trying to calm my big sister. I know Cam and she's not mad at Jaime, not really. She's mad at Atlantis for what they did to Laney. Cam swam away without a word, and I hugged Jaime and she hugged me back with a sniffle, she's trying not to cry.

   "I know J, I know. You're doing the best you can," I whisper as I rubbed her back soothingly.

   "thank you," Jaime said with a small smile as she pulled away.

   "anytime," I nod.

   "you should go, things are going to get dark down here going forward, and I don't want you in harm's way,"

   "are you sure?" I ask and Jaime nodded grimly.

   "this thing Is coming to a head very very soon,"

   "we won't let you stand alone down here, we'll come back,"

   "if you mean that, I want you to know that this won't be like last time, you need to fight to kill and be ready to die,"

   "I am. But what about you?"

   "I'll be holding off Johnny and evil me. I won't be able to look after you all,"

   "I understand. But I'm fighting all the same,"

   "thought you'd say that,"

   "what can I say?" I grin and Jaime smiled with a chuckle and I laughed, "there's that smile," Suddenly Jaime looked behind her.

   "you gotta go, like right now,"

   "Jaime what'd you mean?" and yet she didn't respond, and I was flying upward until I shot out of the water and onto a beach. Where I found Cam and the others looking at me.

   "Get our allies, actually scratch that. Get everyone,"

   "everyone?" Kayla asked confused.

    "every ally we have, every warrior, and send word to the world leaders that we need every available warrior they have along with every water-based weapon they got. We're invading the ocean tomorrow night,"

   "What about Jaime?" Cameron muttered, I knew it....she's still worried about her.

   "She knows, and she wanted us to stay out. But she knows and...," Cam cur me off by finishing my sentence.

   "She knows we have no intention of letting her stand against all this alone. Right?" And I nodded in agreement at Cam's words.

   "You're 100% correct. That said, she added that she can't watch after us tomorrow night. When the fighting starts we're on our own, everyone got that?" I asked and they nodded, "If you wanna back out now is the time, if not, be at the nearest dock, the nearest port, nearest harbor, anywhere by a water outlet. And get ready to take back the seas, get ready to take back our home!"