Chapter 1

I walked through empty halls of Foxfire. Since it was the first session of the day, it was no surprise that there wasn't anyone but me. And why was I ditching? Because of my homework for Universe which I had completed like a hardworking prodigy (which, mind you, I wasn't) and therefore there was no way, that I was going to attend Elementalism, only to get myself burnt on accident.

However, I wasn't planning to waste my time doing nothing. For months there had been rumours about lady Anwen having a large amount of pralines in her cabinet and as a curious individual I was, I decided to check it out myself. Besides, this was a perfect opportunity, because she had a session with some four level prodigy.

I almost walked by her cabinet without noticing it as I was lost in my thoughts. I used telekinesis to unlock the door and voilà, here I was. Her cabinet was quite fancy. There were too many cups in a big cupboard which stood right by my left. In front of me was her desk with soft green mint chair. Besides that, there were few more decorations, however, nothing else caught my attention. Quietly closing the door, I walked over to the cupboard. Its higher half was glassed as I had already mentioned but the lower half was wooden. I carefully opened it with telekinesis once again and gasped.

There were tones of pralines. There were all flavours I could imagine. Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, caramel, nuts, raspberry, blackberry, orange, mallowmelt,...

I grinned as I grabbed few of them and sat at the table. I slowly ate them, enjoying the flavours and serenity. As my eyes wandered around the room they landed on a wall with a big mirror. I smirked at myself as I examined my appearance. My eyes had uninteresting blue-grey colour, which I honestly didn't mind. On my tanned face was so little make-up, that it was unnoticeable at the first sight and my brown hair with a golden tint was tied into two high ponytails. Yeah, it looked maybe a little childish, but I liked it that way nonetheless. My amber school uniform was literally screaming, 'Third year!' and on my cape there was pinned an Ilios Family Crest Pin. It was a golden sun on a blue background.

I stiffened as I heard footfalls outside. I grabbed the few pralines which I hadn't eaten yet and hid under the desk. Gotta admit that it was the most stupid hiding place in the world but it was also the only one. I tried to breathe as slowly and quietly as possible as the door opened and someone stepped in.

Their footfalls sounded closer and closer to the desk before they stopped. I heard a rustling of papers and when the person seemed to find what they were looking for, they started to head away. But before the mysterious someone could leave the office, they turned around and headed instead to the cupboard. I could hear some clinking as they were most likely trying to open it, only to realise to my horror that I left it unlocked

Then a female voice spoke up, "Come out. I know you are here."

I recognised the voice as lady Anwen's and cursed mentally. There was no point in hiding anymore.

Standing up from under the table, I smiled innocently, "Good morning, lady Anwen! What a funny coincidence to see you here. I was just wondering how you're doing today!" I stepped closer to her but before she could scold me I extended my hand, "Would you like some pralines?"

She glared at me for few seconds before she snatched them from my hand and yelled, "How dare you intrude into my office! Detention for a week and now out!"

My smile only widened and as I was passing her I waved, "Have a nice day!"

⭐️🌟⭐️

"See ya later," I told my friend Vafara, taking an apple as I was about to leave.

"Detention? Again?" she raised her eyebrow at me, snickering.