Chapter 5

"Gods, can't you be quiet for a minute!" I hissed at Jayson who just almost knocked over a vase.

"Well, it's not like I'm used to having a body while sneaking around," he bit back.

"But you weren't always a phaser," I argued after I made sure that no one was coming from around the corner to check out on the noise.

"And I also used to get caught quite frequently," he retorted, following me as he tried to step as quietly as possible.

"Is your special ability the only reason why you ranked as one of the best pranksters?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Of course not," he scoffed, "My ability would be useless if I wasn't able to remember mentors' schedules. Though it definitely helps in the sneaking part."

"You're unbelievable," I snickered. Although I soon quieted down as we were approaching our target's cabinet. And by that I meant principal office which belonged to our beloved Dame Alina.

I almost yelped when Jayson without any warnings caught firmly my shoulder and pointed to his ear. At first I didn't understand what he meant but then I heard some rustling of papers coming from the principal office.

He pointed at me and then at the place where I stood. I managed to decode this. Though I didn't understand why he would want me to stay on the same place. However, my unvoiced question was answered when he dematerialised and walked through the wall.

I listened intently, trying not to go totally nerv-wrecked as I stood in front of Alina's office, planning to prank her while she was evidently inside! Well, at least I was trying to quickly come up with some worthy excuse as to why I was standing there. Although, I would only use it in a case she didn't notice that a phaser was spying on her.

Yeah, this was great. One would say even lovely.

I flinched when I heard someone curse from inside the office. But it wasn't the feminine voice of Dame Alina nor was it Jaysen's. Wait a moment- I knew that voice!

I opened the door, already knowing it was unlocked before I even touched the handle. I stepped inside and confirmed my guess.

Inside was indeed already someone. And it was no one else than the self claimed prank master Keefe Sencen.

"Another one? You Ilios are getting more and more annoying," Keefe scoffed, eyeing both me and Jaysen.

"Why, thank you. I've been practicing," my cousin smirked in amusement as he sat down on Alina's chair, putting his feet on the desk. "Wait, this is actually a luxury! Has she got a new one?" he exclaimed as he turned around in his seat, trying to determine if he recognised it or not.

"Congratulations, you found Alina's little secret," Keefe clapped slowly as he watched the Phaser, "Now you two can leave and let the master of pranks create his art."

"Why would we leave?" I raised my eyebrow as I stared him down.

"Because I was here first?" he argued, gesticulating wildly with his hands.

"Well, that's shame because I'm not getting up," Jaysen stated, putting his arms behind his head.

"Well, we're going to have a problem then," Keefe noted with a deadpan.

I looked at annoyed Keefe and then at my cousin who was now reading through papers on Alina's desk. I suppressed a sigh and suggested, "How about rock, paper, scissors?"

"Is that the best you can come up with?" Jaysen quizzed, looking at me over the papers.

"Oh, I'm so sorry that I'm the only one trying to solve this," I remarked sharply.