Chapter 6

When I had light leaped, I appeared in a beautiful garden with a bag in my hands. I was in Charmvalley. My old home. One I had grown up in ever since I was a small kid. One in which we used to be a family.

That last one was unnecessary sentimental. Anyway, after my parents filled the Fail Match papers, my mom stayed here. Even with her new husband Zephan she had never planned to move out. And I honestly didn't mind. I wasn't sure how I would feel if this place was left empty or, gods forbid, sold.

The house had three floors and then about a dozen of towers. The walls shimmered in the afternoon sun which made it impossible to miss the building. Well, to be fair, with how large the house was, no one would be able to overlook it even if it didn't shimmer.

I walked through the garden with all those exotic flowers, trees and bushes. It really looked nothing like a natural forest or a meadow. Mom had made sure of that. She loved flowers and the more exotic the flower was, the better.

As I got closer to the house door, I saw Devi. She was a gnome who took care of this gigantic garden, and I deeply respected her for it. She'd been doing an amazing job. Plus she once told me a perfect place to hide when I had enough of those gremlins who just happened to be my half brothers.

"Hi, Devi!" I waved at her with a big smile stretching across my face.

She looked up from a flower which name I hadn't bothered to remember and smiled too, "Hello, it's nice to see you again."

"Yeah, you too. I gotta admit I kinda missed it here. It was getting annoying how I couldn't go outside," I told her.

"I can't imagine that," she sighed as she looked around, admiring the exotic plants.

"Of course you can't, you're a gnome! The nature is your home!" I chuckled, "Anyway, I'll see you later."

"Your mother is preparing a celebration," Devi hummed and I turned back to face her again.

"What for?" I raised my eyebrow at the new information. I knew my mom loved parties and that she would always find even the silliest excuse to celebrate something. So naturally I was curious what it was this time.

"You should simply go and see for yourself," the gnome smiled mysteriously, leaving me alone on the spot.

I shook my head in amusement and continued in my path. When I stepped inside, everything looked quite normal. Although I couldn't say the same thing about the second floor. More specifically the dinning hall.

There were flower decorations everywhere and on the walls as a bunch of colourful lights hanged everywhere. The tablecloth wasn't a dull yellow as usual but bright white with silver ornaments. I also saw my mom setting dishes on the table.

"I think I missed something," I stated instead of greeting her as I gazed at her, curious and confused at the same time.

"Ely, you're finally here!" she exclaimed and walked over to me for a hug. I hugged her back as I enjoyed being in her presence after so long.

"I missed you, little flower," she whispered.

"Oh, c'mon. Don't call me that!" I whined, pulling away. Mom, however, just chuckled at my antics.

"So, what is the meaning of this?" I asked as I gestured around myself.

"Well, it was supposed to be a surprise for you but that really doesn't matter anymore, I suppose. I wanted to celebrate your manifestation, so I prepared a little fancier dinner," she explained.

"A little fancier?" I mindlessly repeated as I glanced around once again, "If this is a little I don't wanna see a lot more."

"I can take few things down," she offered but I cut her off.