Movement

NSFW

NSFW starts after the first italic lyrics!

It has been three months since the shooting. Jo has been cleared to return to nearly normal life. She has to withhold running any marathons right now but be rest assured there is plenty of other forms of cardio she could do. In those three months had yet to step foot back into the main home. Neither of them could handle the pain the home held. Lizzie was currently standing next to the island a dry martini with two olives pressed to her lips. Jo walked down the hall, "Did I wake you up?"

"No baby,"

Jo brought her hands to rest on Lizzie's hips, "Well what's got you drinking at..." Jo strained to look at the microwave, "2 a.m."

"I just have a lot on my mind," Lizzie sighed,

"Anything I can do to help?" Jo asked sweeping her wife's hair free from her shoulder so Jo could ever so gently place her lips on the smooth skin.

"Do you want to move?"

"What?"

"Houses baby." Lizzie said softly, "Should we move houses."

"This-" Jo started, "This is our home."

Lizzie turned in her wife's arms, "No baby. Home is where you are." Lizzie laid her hand on Jo's beating chest, "Where our children are." they heard a dog collar from the living room, "And where Red is." Lizzie laughed gently,

"Your right baby," Jo nodded, "Do you want to move?"

Lizzie ran her fingers through her hair, "I just don't want to be in the guest house anymore."

Jo looked out across the pool to their home. The window had been fixed and yet all she could see was her home shattered, "Tomorrow," Jo whispered,

Lizzie leaned in their foreheads nearly touching, "Tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow we go home." she pulled Lizzie with her, "Come on baby let's go to bed."

David and McKenzie were all too eager to watch the twins so Lizzie and Jo could have the evening/night to themselves. The sun was just tipping towards the direction of setting as Jo and Lizzie walked hand in hand around the pool to the main house. Jo had no doubt it would arguably be the hardest thing mentally since the attempt on her life. Lizzie opened the door her other hand firmly grasping Jos as they stepped into the living room/ kitchen space. The room seemed haunted. The whole house was stale. Jo ran her finger through the dust that has settled on her piano. She kept a firm hold on her wife moving to behind the island they looked at the bottles that rested on the rack. A place frozen in time. As they rounded the island Lizzie and Jo were confronted with the thing neither wanted to see. The stain. The Persian rug had long been disposed of but the faint outline of her crimson pool remained. Jo squeezed her wife's hand. Being confronted with her mortality Jo's eyes began to water. She knows how lucky she is. She knows she shouldn't be alive but knowing something and being confronted with the sheer size of the pool she knew her wife watched pour out of her was a jarring experience. Jo wrapped her arms around Lizzie spinning her so Lizzie could bury herself into Jo's chest. "Im okay," Jo whispered, "I can call the cleaners back,"

Lizzie lifted her eyes, "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I mean I'm not okay. None of what happened is okay but I'm ready to come home."

"I don't want you to feel like we have to come back-"

Jo stopped Lizzie with a kiss, "Im ready to sleep here. I built this for us. For our forever."