Chapter 8: Aloe's Meeting with Rosalyn

Aloe was a poor teenager who needed money to pay the hospital bills for her sick mother everyday she would find a part-time job and work. Aloe has five part-time jobs. No matter how tiring her jobs were, she would always stay positive and think of her sicked mother in the hospital. But all the part-time jobs she worked at didn't have enough money to pay her mother's hospital bills.

One day, she collapses from exhaustion. Rosalyn was still a young little girl back then. She noticed Aloe and approached her. Rosalyn spoke to Aloe and asked her if she was alright. Aloe spoke; "I... My mother... I have to pay the bills.." after she speak, she fainted.

Rosalyn witness Aloe fainted, she ordered for the bodyguards to ready the car and have her sent to the hospital. Not only did she send Aloe to the hospital, she did a background check on her and payed the bills for Aloe's sick mother in the hospital and made her work as her personal maid. As soon as Aloe woke up, Rosalyn sent someone to send Rosalyn's words to Aloe: "Lady Rosalyn has sent me to help you carry your belongings to work at the mansion, miss." It shocked aloe to see a man sending her a message from the young girl that approach her. She thought it was all a joke. "This is a prank right?.. You're joking, aren't you? If you are, please leave me alone." Aloe replied to the man, thinking he has ulterior motives with her. The little Rosalyn predicted she would react that way, so she prepared a letter in case Aloe doesn't believe the message she told to pass.
As she reads the letter Rosalyn wrote for her to believe, she then agreed to be companies and help her carry the belongings. She packed everything she needed on the way to the mansion. After Aloe arrived at the mansion, she was called to meet the person she will serve. They guided aloe to Rosalyn's room. The door of Rosalyn's room opened, Aloe saw the kid that approached her in her dreams when she fainted.
A maid whispers to Aloe; "Be sure to call her My lady." Aloe kept the advice in her mind.
"How have you been? Were the people I sent to you made you uncomfortable?" Rosalyn asked Aloe.
Aloe replied: "Not at all, my lady. They treated me like how I treated them." Aloe bowed as she spoke to Rosalyn.
"Seeing how you bow to me makes me uncomfortable. Lift your head. I hate seeing everyone bow to me as if I was royalty.. You're allowed to speak to me!" Rosalyn smiled as she said those words to Aloe. Her words made Aloe relaxed and relief. Aloe replied: "Thank you, miss..."
Rosalyn told Aloe to sit comfortably with her because they have some things to discuss.
"You should sit. I have to discuss what you're going to do." "I-I understand..." Aloe replied anxiously. Seeing how anxious Aloe was, Rosalyn only discussed everything she will have to do as her personal maid in a short period. After discussing, she dismissed Aloe and told her to take some rest and prepare herself for tomorrow.
"You're dismissed. Take some rest for now. You will start working tomorrow as my personal maid." Aloe replied; "Yes, miss." As Aloe leaves the room and closes the door, another maid came. Rosalyn was called by her mother.

She predicted it must have been because she brought a random person as her maid. Rosalyn was in front of her mother's office room. Before she enters, she breathes in and out. "You called, mother?" Rosalyn spoke coldly towards her mother. Her mother replied; "What are you thinking bringing in a poor girl in our mansion?! Are you already out of your mind?!" Seeing how angry her mother was to her, rather than feeling scared, she was happy seeing the sight of her mother's reaction. Rosalyn replied to her mother; "What was I thinking? Well, I brought her here to make her my personal maid. I choose her as my own personal maid. Weren't you planning on giving me a personal maid by my side?" Rosalyn smiles brightly, like an innocent villain at her mother as she says the truth. Because of her telling the whole truth to her mother, her mother's rage only become worst. Rosalyn then took her chance to speak; "Don't worry, mother. There isn't anything you should worry about. After all, I am the one that choose her as my maid, the one who will be by my side. She won't cause you trouble, mother." Rosalyn talked sarcastically to her mother.
"If you have nothing else to discuss with me, then I should take my leave." "Ah! I forgot to say one more thing. Don't lay a finger on my people, mother... Well then, have a great day!" she spoke sarcastically to her mother and smiled at her, knowing she would ruin her mother's mood.

After a few months pass, Aloe, who worked and observe in the mansion as Rosalyn's personal maid. She learned a lot about everything in the mansion, including the family of the person she serves. Rosalyn advised aloe to not ask questions about the family. If she has questions, instead of asking other people, the young Rosalyn told her to go straight to her if she has a question. Rosalyn also said that Aloe can't trust anyone in the mansion except the people she introduces to her.

New year came. Aloe made plans for the day, but she got news that she has work again on holiday. Hearing the news, Aloe got a bit upset by it. Aloe might have been at the side of Rosalyn, but Rosalyn can hear her sigh so loud. She noticed it must be because its new year and that Aloe didn't get to celebrate another day of holiday for herself. Rosalyn spoke to Aloe; "Aloe, did you know that if you sigh, you'll lose your happiness depending on how much you've sighed in a day?" Rosalyn drinks her coffee as she finished saying her words. Aloe replied to her question; "I-I didn't know that, miss..!" she stutters as she hears the words Rosalyn said to her. Rosalyn chuckles as she sees the reaction of Aloe. She enjoys teasing Aloe when she is upset. "Don't worry, it's just a saying I heard from the people. Don't take it seriously, Aloe." Rosalyn replied to Aloe to calm her done and told her to not take what she said too seriously. "You're dismissed. Your job is done. Enjoy your holiday, Aloe." she smiles at Aloe brightly and dismissed her to make her day special to herself. Aloe replied; "M-Miss, I think I heard you wrong?" Rosalyn smiles slightly and answered her; "You didn't hear me wrong, Aloe. It's better you celebrate the day you wanted to celebrate. Didn't you make plans yesterday already?" Rosalyn does not care about the New Year's day, she doesn't celebrate it. She hates New Year's celebration because of all the people that uses fireworks. Aloe knew her miss was still hiding something, and even her family. But she follows the advice and orders Rosalyn gives her in order for the people in the mansion to not embarrass her and her family's name. Aloe respected Rosalyn, even though she was younger than her. She knows Rosalyn became mature at a young age because of her family's status and relationship with each other.

        End of Chapter 8: Aloe's Meeting with Rosalyn

                               Written By: Choco Latte