Chapter 9: First confession

As usual, Rosalyn goes home with Selena, Ray, and Kaius. As always, Rosalyn doesn't speak much, she only reacts to all the stories Selena share to her. She laughs and smiles brightly. Even though she can't find the words to speak, Selena understands the reaction on Rosalyn's face.

Rosalyn was like an open book that you can read easily. As Rosalyn laughs and smiles brightly, Kaius's eyes were focused only in her direction.

He thought to himself aloud;

"She's too cute..." He sighed,

"If only I could embrace her in my arms.."

Ray, who was beside Kaius, heard what he said. He was holding his laugh, trying not to be loud. Kaius, who did not realise that Ray was beside him, blushed as he remembers what he said aloud. Ray trembles from holding his laugh. His eyes were showing tears, and his stomach hurting from laughing. Kaius felt embarrassed. His face was bright red. He stutters as he speaks. He asks Ray if he could keep it a secret of what he heard. His secret would be revealed if Rosalyn heard what he said. As he rewinds what happened, he kept feeling embarrass, panicking.

He thought it would be best to confess his feelings to her soon. But, he can't gather his courage to tell her his feelings to her, his scared that she will reject him just like what he sees in dramas.
After a few days pass, Rosalyn had a letter in her locker. Inside the letter says;
"Meet me at the gym after school. — From your admirer."

Kaius and Ray were busy talking, so Rosalyn approached Selena instead. She told her to go ahead first without her. Selena nodded and didn't ask her questions.

Rosalyn then headed to the gym where her admirer asks her to meet him. As she enters inside the gym, she saw him standing there, anxiously waiting for her to arrive.

Rosalyn spoke;

"We're you the one who asks to meet me?"

She was curious who he was, but she also knows the reason why he asks her to meet him after school. She let him introduce himself to her, and she listens to his confession.

The next day, Everyone notice Rosalyn spacing out, bumping, tripping, and having many mistakes. Seeing the condition that Rosalyn is currently in, Kaius and Selena, we're worried about her current condition. Both were curious why she was acting weird, so Kaius ask her.

"Did something happen yesterday?" he stares at Rosalyn intensely waiting for her reply.

Rosalyn flinched as she hears Kaius question. Selena stared at her intensely, also waiting for her reply. Rosalyn turned her head away from them with a nervous expression on her face. Selena kept staring at her, using her puppy eyes, begging for her to reply to the question.

She gave up and answered the question Kaius asked. Rosalyn shared everything that had happened to her yesterday. The three listens to her story very carefully. Selena reacted shock to everything she shared, while Kaius was just staying quiet in the corner. Rosalyn then finished her story.

Selena ask;

"Did you give your answer yet?" she curiously ask Rosalyn. Kaius look and stared at her intensely, waiting for her to reply to Selena's question.

Rosalyn then replied;

"I haven't given my answer yet. He gave me some time to think about it."

He then finally spoke and ask her,

"Will you reject him..?" he ask her anxiously, nervous that she would reply no. He also knows that there is a possibility she will reject him. Kaius expects for Rosalyn to not fall to anyone else..

Thus, she replied to the question;

"I already made my decision. I'll reject him politely.." as she reply's to Kaius question, Kaius notice Rosalyn's eyes that show sadness and pity. He wondered to himself,

"How can she make such an expression like that to someone she doesn't know?" He asks himself. But hearing the word "reject," from her made him feel relief and had a slight smile on his face. Kaius knew he still had a chance, but he also knows that he should gather his courage fast before someone else confesses again.

At break time, Rosalyn asks for her admirer to meet her at the same place and at the same time yesterday.
Her admirer arrived and saw her holding a basketball. He saw her shoot the ball, and he felt a thrill. She then finally notices that her admirer has already arrived at the gym.

"Oh, you're here." She spoke to him.

"You've decided your answer..." he asks Rosalyn nervously. Even if he knew her answer, he still bravely asked her it. Knowing that it'll make him hurt.

Rosalyn then replied to his question;

"Yeah, I've thought about it carefully.. I really appreciate your confession. I'm sorry..."

Rosalyn politely turned him down and told him how much she appreciates his feelings, that this was the first time she had a confession from a guy. She already likes someone else and she would never replace that person with anyone else.
It felt like he knew who she was talking about, so he ask her;

"Is it Kaius? The one you're talking about?" as he asks her that question, his heart throbs, he feel the tightness in his heart. But he respects Rosalyn, he knows that he will never be able to win her heart like Kaius did. He knew very well he could not make her smile and be happy like how Kaius did. He could only watch her from a far.

Rosalyn replied;

"H-How did you know it was him?!" she stutters from hearing Kaius's name being mentioned. Her admirer notices her smiling and blushing as she thinks of Kaius..

He spoke, telling her a story;

"He really did change you.. Before you would never smile so brightly like how you do right now.. You speak cold to everyone who spreads bad rumors about you. Yet, your kind to those who are being targeted and called "Weak, Stupid, Nerd." and all kinds of nicknames others give to the weak. You're always there for them.. And I admire you for that.."

He smiles at her as he tells her his reason for why he liked her. Rosalyn felt move and sad. She asks her for his name and if he wants to be friends instead.

He replied;

"My name is Mark. I'll gladly become your friend." He smiles happily at her.

Rosalyn responds;

"It's nice to meet you, Mark!" she replied to Mark cheerfully and smiled at him brightly.

Little did they know, the both of them didn't know that the three followed Rosalyn. Selena and Ray were smiling as they witness Kaius hearing that Rosalyn said she liked him and she would never replace him with any other guys. They could already see him blushing so much, he also looked happy.

End of Chapter 9: First confession Written By: Choco Latte