Chapter 11: The Soulless Isle

Reece knew when I got home, and I received his call barely minutes after that

Reece knew when I got home, and I received his call barely minutes after that. Sometimes I wondered why he called me.

Did he even like talking to me?

I thought I was annoying and idiotic.

But none of those bitter thoughts came to my mind as I happily picked up his phone. I was a little too cheerful to be talking to my ex.

Oh hold he had over me.

I really had to convince myself that he was never going to date me again.

"Hi!" I greeted in my high-pitched childish voice that just showed that I was high on sugar which I probably was.

"Hello," he greeted me back in a voice that sounded off, like something was wrong.

"What happened?" I asked in a small, concerned voice.

"Nothing," he replied in an emotionless voice. "Tell me about your day,"

"Nothing much happened. Lizzie and Cameron started dating. Like he'd asked her out a while back and they're official now. I was bored out of my mind in bio. How is it that they teach us so basic stuff in the advanced lectures?"

"I get it."

We had to paint something we loved in art and I painted your eyes. I love you.

I didn't say any of that. I just said, "What about you? You sound down. Is everything okay?"

"I don't know,"

"What happened?"

"I like a girl and I don't know how to ask her out,"

"Oh," was all I could say in response. "Weren't you gay?"

"I don't know. I like her, but like, I have liked a lot of guys before too,"

"Who?"

"Just some guys..."

"What's her name?"

"I am not telling you," he answered bluntly.

"Why?"

"No, I am not telling you!"

"Why not? Tell me!"

"Nope!"

"Reece..." I whined. I was curious and I was high. "Please!"

"Not a chance."

"Please. Please. Please. Please. Please."

"No, I am not telling you!"

"If you tell me her name I'll tell you my boyfriend's name," I bluffed. I didn't have a boyfriend to begin with. I was just trying to get the evil witch's name out of him. Sorry, girl, but you messed up with him.

He paused for a second, considering it. "Fine,"

"Tell me her name now!"

"Amy. Now your turn!"