Chapter Twenty-Eight: In The Name of Love

True love...?

King Henry VIII started a whole new religion, The Church of England so he could marry the love of his life.

In the name of love.

The Trojan War was sparked between the Greeks and Trojans cause Paris took away Helen.

In the name of love.

Jeanne de Clisson became a freaking pirate and destroyed crews to seek revenge on the king of France for killing her husband.

In the name of love.

Boudica massacred 70,000 Romans for her daughters' sake and laid waste to three Roman cities.

In the name of love.

I had always been a romantic, I had always loved the concept of 'love'.

Yet, I had never done anything in the name of love.

I played too safe and I never took any risks. That's the one thing I loved and hated the most about myself. I was too much of a safe player, and that's one of the reasons behind my popularity.

I was a thrill-seeker who followed rules.

For all the time I was in the hospital, Reece visited me almost every day, and had a video chat with me every night. Things had changed so deeply between us. It was blissful.

After a week or so, I was allowed to go home, and after a few days of bed rest, I was allowed to go to school too.

Reece had agreed to make our relationship public, yet I felt scared.

It was a risk, a huge risk at that.

I was scared of the trolling and the comments, but being with Reece made me feel so...free.

I felt fearless.

So what if people commented?

I turned off commenting on my post and kept it, and due to the upcoming elections, the fire was covered.

People had better things to gossip about.

There were many articles and videos and we both were on the television for a while.

But that was only for a bit.

In a few days, the flames had gone out, and the election hustle had everyone distracted. Then the attention was limited to our school.

My social media manager, Julia, had recommended me to not let it blow over for the sake of fame, but I didn't want fame through Reece.

I loved Reece, I didn't want to use him as a mere tool.

He deserved more than that.

He deserved someone who loved him, not someone who used him.

Julia was upset, but I guess she somewhat understood. Kids in love were hard to handle, she knew.

I remembered a time when I thought being in love so young was impossible. I thought love was inexistent.

I thought being in love was something that could never happen so young.

Now I realized I was wrong.

I was so wrong.

I felt elated and high, and I just needed him.

I know people thought we were just two kids goofing around, thinking they were in love.

But it was true, I was really in love.