Chapter 19: A Tainted Angel

He loves me not.

I counted off the days till the dance. I was wearing the white dress. I hadn't worn it ever since, so it was practically new, and I just loved the dress

I had everything else planned.

I would curl my hair, and wear the same make-up, little different platforms, and almost the same jewelry. I was sharing a limo with Josepha and Heather since they were going alone.

Everything was planned, just how I liked it. I hated being unplanned.

Reece and I were the opening dancers because both of us were very important. It was the winter ball. I remembered getting my heart broken at the last one but I didn't care.

My heart was already broken.

It couldn't break anymore.

I was tired, fed up, sand o done with everything. But at the same time, I was happy. I had friends, and people who cared about me. Things were looking up for me, even though I was heartbroken.

But I knew it would heal, and in a few years I would be with someone who cared about me, and I would be happy and content with life. Things would be better.

And that was the only hope I had every day One of the very few things that kept me going.

And for once, for that dance, I let myself be happy.

I did a small twirl as soon as I got in the dress. Sure, there were many bad memories attached to it, but at that moment, all that mattered was me.

No memories, no Reece, just me.

After a long time, I felt beautiful again. I looked like an angel. Like I did two years ago.

But now, I was stronger, more mature, more defined, and anything but innocent.

I was a tainted angel.

I felt like myself after a long time. The same old Christiana that I was. It felt nice and it was surprising how just a simple white dress could change my mood.

I kept the make-up light and slipped into my heels, just in time to hear the doorbell ring.

Beethoven was here, and he was here on time. It touched my heart. It was just a normal thing to do, but thinking about Ian, this was better.

I skipped my way down the stairs at a speed I wasn't sure how I had managed in those heels and dress, but I was excited.

Beethoven caught me around my waist, halting me. "Careful there," he spoke, smiling at me. I was already smiling the widest possible smile, but I smiled wider. He lifted me from my waist and put me on my feet down the stairs.

He put the corsage around my wrist and my parents clicked a dozen pictures. Josepha and Heather were coming over to my place since that was where the limo was.

Of course, the four of us clicked pictures even with the limo.

Coincidentally, my cousin brother, Nicholas, was visiting from another state. He had got enrolled in a college in the city and was spending a few days at our place till he was assigned a dorm.

He had met Josepha two days back and had apparently asked her out and they were going together, and I had found that out an hour ago when I asked my dad why he was taking out his suite.

They both had a lot of ice cream to buy if they wanted to be in my good graces again.

Nicholas was charming, to say the least. Josepha rarely said yes to someone, and I have to admit, I had an amazing brother.