𝖛𝖎.joey's barbecue

six years earlier
ominiscent

six years earlier  ominiscent

𖥸

"Y'all have to work in groups of two, learn at least 5 things about each other while you complete this packet. You'll only have a week because each day you'll learn something different." Ms. Knowles stood in front of the classroom, holding a bunch of papers in her hands.

"We can pick our own groups?" A boy asked from the back of the classroom.

"No, I'll be choosing." Ms. Knowles flipped her synthetic brown wig over her shoulder as she started reading over the papers in her hands.

"Giselle and Cory,"

"Dwayne and Rodarius,"

"Tione and Solàna,"

"Ronnie and Aug- nah that ain't gon' work." She said sucking her teeth and scanning over the list of names.

"She stay hatin' wit her ugly old ass." Ronnie mumbled causing people around him to laugh loudly. Ms. Knowles glanced up from the papers and looked at Ronnie, "Whatchu say?"

"Whatchu mean?" He asked dumbly.

Ms. Knowles nodded slowly, "Anyway, Ronnie and Belcails." She announced causing Ronnie to drop his head on the table, he didn't like Belcails, he found her annoying and thought she had a loud ass mouth and on top of that hatred — that ugly ass strange name that her parents gifted to her made it worse. August just leaned back into his seat as he waited for his teacher to give him his partner.

He didn't care who he got because he was going to go give them fake facts about himself anyway. A lot of people thought August felt like he was to good for others since he did come off rude, but it was just because he didn't like people.

He was the star basketball player who everyone thinks is stuck up because he doesn't speak to anyone unless it's his close group of friends.

Just as the teacher got to his name the classroom door opened causing silence to fall on everyone. The school's counselor alongside the principal and a girl standing by them looking around awkwardly.

"Can I interrupt real quick?" The counselor smiled at Ms. Knowles who just nodded and moved over to the side."Hey y'all, this is Dallas and she'll be joining us here at Pearland, give her respect just how y'all give us, I don't wanna see no funny acting." She pointed her finger at the class.

Fifteen year old Dallas rubbed her hands over her grey shorts as she looked around the classroom full of people. "Hi," She waved before mentally rolling her eyes.