𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎. lets start over

DALLAS DEMANI EVANS𝙷𝙾𝚄𝚂𝚃𝙾𝙽, 𝚃𝙴𝚇𝙰𝚂 — 𝟸:𝟺𝟻 𝙰𝙼

DALLAS DEMANI EVANS
𝙷𝙾𝚄𝚂𝚃𝙾𝙽, 𝚃𝙴𝚇𝙰𝚂 — 𝟸:𝟺𝟻 𝙰𝙼

Dallas watched August as he stood in her doorway, holding two plates of wrapped up cake

Dallas watched August as he stood in her doorway, holding two plates of wrapped up cake. "Can I come in?" He muttered looking around awkwardly.

She nodded slowly and moved out the way to let him in. As he walked past her Dallas couldn't help but to slightly inhale his familiar scent, she would never admit to him that she missed it. She was mad that the cologne he wore washed off her blankets when she put them in the washing machine, she had missed it that much.

"What are you doing here? It's late," She closed the door and then leaned against it, keeping her hand on the knob as he turned to face her.

"I missed you," He mumbled, he stopped looking around and he finally made eye contact with her. "A lot."

Dallas pursed her lips, not saying anything for a moment, when she did speak her eyes fell to the cake in his hand, "What flavor?"

"Chocolate Bourbon." He muttered, looking down at the wrapped slices as well. "I figured a little alcohol not gon' hurt Promise."

She looked at him before laughing, "I know you was not planning on giving that to my daughter."

He cracked a smile, "Nawl, this one is just regular red velvet." He held up the second plate before he made his way to her kitchen. He grabbed two forks and sat at her island, he ripped the saran wrap off the chocolate cake, "Come eat with me."

Dallas didn't hesitate to sit in a stool next to him, taking one of the forks from his hand. "Did you enjoy your birthday?"

"Honestly?" He sighed, cutting into some of the icing as she ate from the cake. "It was aight, but I thought I would spend it with you this year."

She ate some of the cake, "I did too." She said simply, watching as he scraped the frosting off the top of the cake for her. "But you had to go ahead and mess it up by sleepin' wit' Miss Silicone Valley."

Although she had been the one to crack the joke, August didn't laugh. The guilt of messing up their relationship had still weighed on him after all these months. "Dal-."