𝖝𝖎𝖎.the babysitter

Ronnie hopped off of August's counter, "Then she said that he hits her

Ronnie hopped off of August's counter, "Then she said that he hits her."

August put the last plate in his dishwasher, "Hits her?" He asked, "Forreal?"

The one with the locs nodded, "She said it was only one time after she made him mad but come on, one time? I don't believe that shit."

August closed the dishwasher, he didn't know what to say so he didn't say anything. Ronnie had spent a majority of his night at Dallas's apartment last night and after the new piece of his news, he was at August's the next morning. "Damn," August finally mumbled.

"Damn? That's all you got?"

"Nigga, whatchu want me to say? I want to help but what can I do?" He went to the fridge and grabbed one of the many cold-pressed juices that sat on the top shelf.

Ronnie crossed his arms and leaned against the island, "She'll listen to you. Get in her ear about fightin' for custody."

"I have," He tossed Ronnie one of the juices before grabbing his own. "Got her a lawyer and everything."

"Oh.." He opened his juice. "She ain't tell me that part."

"Did she say anything about going to the police?" August then asked. "I mean, was this recent?"

Ronnie gave his friend a half-shrug in response, "She wouldn't tell me." Ronnie had known Dallas for as long as August did and partially even longer because after they broke up he was still in close contact with her due to her being best friends with Emilia.

She was like his little sister so it was hurting him too to see her life going down this path.

"Like I said, worst information gather ever." He opened his own juice just as the door opened to the apartment. Both August and Ronnie turned their attention to the door as Breah walked through, both of the dogs leading the way.

She smiled, "Hey." She nodded to both August and Ronnie as she crouched down to let the dogs off their leashes. "It's a little early to be gossiping, don't you think, Ronnie?" She teased.

Ronnie smacked his lips, "Bye Breah." He grabbed his keys off the counter and after dapping August up he left the apartment.

"I didn't say he had to leave." She mumbled, standing to full height and walking over to August. She put her hands on his torso and leaned up to kiss him once.

"He had somewhere to be," He shrugged, he grabbed her chin and kissed her one more time before pulling away. "How was the dog park?"

"I'm glad Pluto is neutered. He was out there humping all the poodles. It was a mess." She grabbed his bottle of juice and twisted the cap off, taking a long sip from it.

He laughed, walking over to Pluto, "My man." He reached down to pet the dog who was drinking from his water bowl.

Breah rolled her eyes, "It was gross. He needs a bath which you can give him since he's your man." She mocked.