𝖝𝖎.custody battle

"C'mere," Javion taunted Dallas who was trying her best to walk away from him

"C'mere," Javion taunted Dallas who was trying her best to walk away from him. She had blood leaking from her mouth from the punches she had just received from him, and her legs felt on fire because she kept accidentally cutting herself every time he tossed her around the house. "You think you gon' have niggas up in here, around my kid? thinking I'm not finna do shit about it, nah, you got me fucked up on everything you do." He grabbed her arm which she snatched away.

"Stop fuckin' touching me," she spat, "Yous a bitch. Gon' put yo hands on a person who not even in the same weight class as you. pussy ass nigga." She spoke loud and cleared, "You wouldn't be doing this to man though-" Dallas got cut off by him shoving her to the floor, as she fell she felt her knee hit the hard wood floor roughly, as she felt her skin started to peel off — causing her to let out a small whimper.

Javion hovered over her, fighting the urge not to kick her head in. Promsie slowly walked out the room and seen her mom crying and shaking as Javion and Dallas continue to yell at each other — She watched Javion pick Dalla's head up and slam it back down onto the floor. "Fuck you, bitch." He mumbled before squatting down and grabbing her face roughly, "I'm taking you to court, na. I'm tired of playing these dumbass games witchu, I've been nothing but nice to yo' ass and you gon' go around and do this?" He said which she just looked away causing Javion to grab her face once again.

Promise stood there, she made eye contact with Dallas for a few seconds before Javion had to grab her face again, "Ignore me if you want to, you won't be quiet when I have custody of Promise forever, ol' silly ass bitch." He pushed her head away and got up. He hiked up his jeans a little, as Dallas just laid there, curling up into a small ball as she heard Javion moving around the apartment. "You ready, babygirl?"

Dallas didn't hear anything for a few seconds until she finally did, "Is mommy okay?" She heard the sound of her toddler's voice. Her heart broke into two. She couldn't imagine the look on her face right now — the confusion she must be feeling at the moment — wondering why her dad was beating on her mom for no good reason. Promise had thought their relationship was getting better, but she was wrong. This wasn't the first time Promise has seen Javion hit Dallas's but Dallas had convinced her that it was something that parents do when they were mad at each other, so Promise never thought anything of it.

Javion glanced at Dallas and shrugged, "Yeah, she coo. Come on, let's go." He picked up Promise, grabbing her bag full of clothes and toys before walking out the apartment. Dallas laid there as her body shook from the sobs she was letting out.

Dallas laid there for a few moments, just enjoying the cold air coming from the vents as she thought about life. Finally, she helped herself up before limping to the bathroom to go clean her face. But not before she grabbed her phone and took a few pictures of it and a video before adding it to a photo album that also had all the past bruises she had received from her baby father.

After washing her face there was another knock on her door, she stood where she was, not wanting to open it in case it was Javion but then the door creaked open and she heard the sound of heels. She left her room, looking at Emilia who was walking through the apartment. "Dallas?" Emilia called, stopping when she actually came face to face with her best friend. "Oh..." She reached out and touched her face, "What happened?"