𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎.dna

three years earlier 
ominiscent

three years earlier  ominiscent

𖥸

DALLAS laid on her back as she watched the doctor rubbed the cold gel on her three-month old bump, jumping a little bit at the cold sensation. "Put your phone away," She mumbled at August who was texting Ronnie who was trying to secure them alcohol for a party later that night.

"Hol' on," He mumbled before sending the last message and turning his phone off. "So what is she having?" He then asked, putting his phone into the pocket of the jeans he was wearing.

The doctor looked at them and smiled, "We won't know for another  few weeks, but do you wanna hear the heartbeat?" He asked and hesitatingly, Dallas nodded slowly. August perked up just slightly as the doctor moved the transducer across Dallas's stomach.

They were all silent for a second, the doctor reached over and turned a knob and then clear as day, the three of them heard a heartbeat. Dallas leaned her head back with a faint smile while August inched closer curiously, "That's it?" He asked quietly.

The doctor nodded with a smiled, "That's it."

After a few minutes the doctor finally left the room and Dallas sat up and sighed, "How do you feel?"

August shrugged slightly, "I don't know, different?" He chuckled, grabbing a hold of her hand, "You got any name ideas?"

Dallas nodded, "I like Naveen," She looked at him and August scrunched up his face, "What? That name is not ugly."

"Did I say it was?" He laughed, "I like Promise." He had suggested the name once before, a week ago.

"Promise? That's cute." She smiled, hearing the heartbeat had sent her completely over the moon, she would've agreed to anything at the moment, "I like that name."

present day.