𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

⁹₉⁹ ❤︎last chapter,a year later

⁹₉⁹ ❤︎
last chapter,
a year later

HOUSTON , TEXAS˚•
ꜰʀɪᴅᴀʏ, ᴊᴜɴᴇ 𝟣𝟨ᴛʜ
𝟾:𝟺𝟽 𝙿𝙼

AUGUST sat in the Toyota Center staring at the basketball court, a towel was draped over his head as sweat dripped off his body and onto the floor beneath him. "August!" He was snapped out of his daze.

He looked up and saw his coach staring at him, "I'm listening." He mumbled as he pulled the towel off his head to wipe his face. The noise from the arena came rushing back to him as he stood up, he had been zoned out for the last fifteen seconds but as he walked over to his group huddle he remembered they were in a game 7 of the NBA Finals.

The fourth quarter would be over in a minute and thirty seconds and the game was tied.

August put his hands on his knees as the coach ran over the play again, it would be Atlanta's ball once they came out of the timeout and Coach Stan wanted them to be prepared for their next play so he didn't have to call a timeout to explain it.

"Do not settle for a three." Stan told his team. "I know you're hot August but drive and hope for a foul, pass if you can. Don't be predictable."

August nodded, wiping his face again before his towel was taken from him. The crowd screamed, cheered, and clapped as August and his four other friends took the floor. They would close out the game with the five it all began with. Ronnie, August, Cyrie, Curtiss, and Nunu.

Trae Young took his position at the free throw line as everyone else took their places on the court. August found himself looking around as Trae took his three free throws. By the scorer's table Dallas, Promise, and Emilia. Promise was standing out of her seat, her face bright red from all her screaming. She had screamed at the Hawks players. She screamed at August. She screamed at the Ref, whenever things didn't go her way she was standing at the side screaming.

Tommi and Renae was also there, Ranae sitting on the edge of her seat as Trae threw up his third free throw, she groaned as it went through the hoop. Her diamond engagement ring glistened under the arena lights as she clapped for the Rockets as Ronnie brought the ball into the front court, her fiancé not far behind him.

"Mommy, are we losing?" Promise turned to face Dallas who was too busy watching the game to answer her daughter.

Tommi nodded, "Yeah we are. But it's okay."

Javion, who was also sitting there with the group extended his hand to Promise. "Give your momma some space. Ha ass nervous."

"No I'm not." Dallas waved him off before standing up as Curtiss threw a pass right into the hands of Dejounte Murray. "What the fuck, Curtiss!" She yelled, the crowd joining her as Murray ran it down the court.