Last Christmas

Author's Note: Think we have a new record for fastest chapter release. I just had too many ideas for this chapter! I really enjoyed writing this episode, so it came about real fast. Hope you enjoy this Christmas chapter--which is posted two weeks after Christmas.

Congratulations! You have unlocked 1990s Richard Calster! I haven't drawn in a while, so I'm glad the drawing came out good.

Till next time :]

~

Christmas had arrived at Duckburg; snow covered every inch of grass, the roads and driveways cleared up. At McDuck Manor, red and yellow lights were decorating the bushes, trees, and rooftop. Donald was outside, pumping air into inflatable snowmen.

"Deck the lawn with tons of snowmen, fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la!~"

Scrooge peeked outside and yelled at the duck, "Hey!" Donald quacked in surprise and jumped, getting stuck in the fake snowman. "Get those inflatable abominations off my lawn!"

With some effort, Donald managed to free himself. "But you have the perfect yard for a winter wonderland!"

"I also have a pilot who can't tell the difference between Christmas lights and landing lights!"

Donald gulped as the sound of a plane neared. He panicked, trying to remove the lights–accidentally getting zapped–and jumping on the snowman to get the air out. Scrooge rolled his eyes and closed the door; Donald screamed as the plane crashed.

Inside, the mansion was equally as decorated, from the second floor to the first floor. It was clear the Duck family was full of holiday cheer.

Webby swung in the air as she held onto a tied-up rope, using her free hand to decorate the enormous Christmas tree. "Tinsel! Holly! Novelty Ornaments!" She landed perfectly, her reindeer horns intact, looking up at the tree with a smile. "Pure Christmas magic."

Huey stood next to her, dressed in a red sweater and Christmas hat. He skimmed through his Junior Woodchuck Guidebook, comparing the "Perfect Tree Decoration" page to their tree. "I have some notes on your ornament distribution."

Webby hugged him, "Magic!"

Scrooge pushed past them, seething.

Duckworth appeared, placing a star decoration at the top of the tree. He looked down at his boss in worry.

Louie was kneeling on the floor near the staircase, writing a letter. "Dear Santa. Look. I can explain." Scrooge snatched up the note with his cane, grumbled and crumbled it up, throwing it to the ground. "What- Hey!"

As he ascended the stairs, Mrs. Beakley awaited him at the top. She held a clipboard with a list. "Christmas Eve dinner will be served promptly at 8:15, followed by the annual screening of Christmas on Bear Mountain at 9:08. And I've reset the cryptid traps. Don't want another pesky sugar plum fairy infestation this year."

Scrooge said nothing, walking past her. His silence broke as he cried out; he had stepped on a mouse trap. He pushed it off and marched to the floor railings, "Bah! Crass commercialism, empty sentiment and all the trappings of the holiday! And the endless monuments to that reindeer-rustling, red-suited rep–" He paused as his cane hit something. He turned and saw a giant inflated Santa statue; his jaw dropped. He glared at the group as he growled, "Who put this up?"

Everyone pointed at each other. Donald joined the group (still detangling himself) and stood still as he took in the situation. Knowing he was the one who put it up, and not wanting to get in trouble, he slowly backed away.

Scrooge seethed in anger and knocked down the statue, continuously hitting it with his cane. "Take that, ya Yuletide-ic traitor! Not so lively and quick now are ya?" He paused, eyes roaming as the gears turned in his head, realizing everyone witnessed the outburst. He fixed his hat with a frown, "Bah, humbug."