Chapter One

Jesses POV

How did I end up here at a bar drinking right after finding out that my fiance is cheating on me. Then the woman he was cheating on me with is taking my place. In away it was a good thing. My fiances family was going to make the wedding about them. But it still hurts that he cheated on me.

Wasn't I pretty. Yeah I have black hair, dark eyes, curves. But I'm not blonde, blue eyed, or a stick like the woman my now ex fiance cheated on me with. I guess guys prefer that more.

But at least that bitch will get that wedding that I didn't want. So it was a good thing. But the cheating still hurts.

So that's why I'm here in a bar two weeks before my wedding wondering why I get these losers.

As I'm sitting at the bar starring into my drink I felt this warm presents next to me.

I turned to the seat next me. I couldn't believe who was sitting next to me. A very gorgeous man. And I do mean man. Tall, black hair, muscles but not in a obnoxious way. You could tell he was a werewolf. Just in case you didn't know werewolves and humans coexisted peacefully. He's definitely better looking than my ex fiance.

"So what is a gorgeous woman like you doing here looking so sad." His deep voice that sent shivers down my spine.

"My fiance. Well ex fiance decided to replace me two weeks before our wedding. The woman he cheated on me with texted me out of nowhere just to gloat about taking my fiance and my wedding" I said feeling a tear run down my face. "I didn't even know her. She got my number from my ex phone." As I took a swig from my glass.

"And she is going to keep the wedding that was planned the same. Well hope the wedding is everything she wanted." As I gave a half ass smile.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." He said before I felt his thumb wipe the tear that fell away. But I also didn't miss the sparks that I felt too.

I snapped my head to look him with wide eyes.

You see when you coexisted peacefully with werewolves. You find out stuff from them. Especially when I'm best friends with one.

Him and I work on the same fire department.

But that besides the point. He told me about the sparks you feel when your mates. Well the werewolf can tell by scent. But if your human and werewolf touches you and you feel the sparks.

But right now I'm shocked. I just got out of an engagement. Only to find my soulmate. Literally.

"I suppose by the look on your face you already figured out I'm your mate. I already knew you were the moment I walked in. I could smell you." He looks at me with a panty dropping smile.

While I'm just still looking at him stunned with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry about what happened to you. But I'm glad I finally got my mate." He said looking at me with the biggest smile ever.

"Well I'm not sad about losing him. Or about the girl. You see his family decided to use our wedding to make it about them and perform stuff. And my ex fiance didn't even care. I argued with him until the very end. But he wouldn't stand up to his family. The only reason why I'm sad because it's all I seem to attract is losers." I said before looking at him.

"Now I see why those guys weren't the ones" I said as I continued to look at his smiling happy face.

"Yeah we are meant to be. I guess the moon goddess wanted to get us together." I just smiled back.

"Werewolves are lucky that you have someone made for you. Humans aren't that lucky." I said afraid to believe that this all to good to be true.

"Humans have mates or soulmates to be precise. But you aren't patient like us but nothing wrong with that. And I'm your mate." He said proudly.

"Forgive me if I'm a little stand offish about this all. It's just are you sure I'm you mate. What if your getting your senses mixed up." As I finished off my drink.

"May I prove that I'm you mate. But I want to do this privately. I know and odd thing to say to a woman I just met. But trust me ok." He said as he looked at me sincerely.

I looked at him and I mean really looked at him. And I don't know why I felt this. But it felt like I could trust him.

"Ok." Before I got off my stool.

"Ok take my hand." I looked at his hand still a little hesitant. But I threw caution to the wind and took his hand. And the sparks were even more intense than when he brushed my tears away.

He led me out the door.

"Would it be ok if we head to my place. I promise I won't do anything your not comfortable with" He said with so much sincerity. And I had this feeling I could trust him still. I guess that's the mate bond.

"Yeah that's fine want me to follow you?" As I looked around.

"I don't live far from here. But I ran here. I was having a bad day so I ran here." He said with blush.

"We can take my truck." As I led the way since we were still holding hands. "Oh can you drive I'm not drunk but I still had two drinks. I rather be safe than sorry." As I took my keys out to hand them to him.

"Yeah. Nice truck by the way. Do you have to use a ladder to get in?" He asked as he looked over my black jacked up dodge ram truck. With 35 tires.

"Thank you." I Said trying to hide my blush.

I went to the passenger door and opened it.

"Do you need help?" My mate said looking up at from the driver side.

"No." I said before grabbing the door and jumped up into my seat.

"Wow your amazing." He said as he caressed my face causing me to feel those amazing sparks.

He pulled his hand away a little to soon for my liking so he could start my truck and drive to his house.

We drove for about ten minutes before he pulled off the road into a long driveway with trees on both sides.

Then we came into clearing where a beautiful house. More like a cabin. Maybe lodge stood. It wasn't to big or small. It was just right.

"Your place is gorgeous." I said jumping down from the side of my car." As I rounded the car and took a hold of his hand without any thought.

"I never got your name." Looking over to my mate who was looking at me with so much love.

"I'm sorry where are my matters. I'm Knox Black. I'm the Alpha of The Blood Crescent Moon Pack." He said with most dazzling smile.

Holy crap I'm the mate of the world's strongest pack.