|28|

FRIGHTENED AND HOPELESS, I had a yearning desire to know who the devil behind the malicious plan was.

I shouted at the men again, "Who is she?" My breath came out in heavy bursts. "Tell me who she is!"

Suddenly, the rhythmic echo of high heels reverberated against the wooden floors.

I swiveled my head in sheer anticipation, eager to see who it was, knowing it was undoubtedly a woman.

"Why didn't you run her ass down?!" The woman's familiar voice pierced through the darkness, her words bouncing off the walls.

My heart beat faster.

Gina?!

My heart pounded erratically against my ribcage as if it would burst out of my body at any moment.

My hands trembled against the rope that was tightly secured around my wrists. The mood suddenly turned eerily silent, terrorizing me further. I pinched my eyes shut, frightened as to what might happen next.

Impatiently, I waited for something disastrous to occur. I knew those psychopaths were reveling in my torment while I sat there, helpless, shivering in fear.

A wicked laugh burst into the air, shattering the silence completely. The voice was so familiar.

I could've sworn it sounded just like Gina.

Quickly, I opened my eyes and gazed out ahead. My heart flip-flopped in my chest, and my mouth hung wide open in shock. I couldn't believe who was standing before me.

"Gina?!" I asked in disbelief.

This has to be some sick joke. It has to be. It makes no sense.

What the hell was going on?!

I shook my head fervently. "This can't be happening. This isn't possible." I cried.

This is not real!

"Oh, yes, it is," Gina tilted her head toward the ceiling, and with a dramatic flair, she let out a raging laugh."How could you?!" I shouted, anger coursing through my veins.

A devilish smirk etched onto her face, followed by a sociopathic laugh. "Do you remember when you first met Troy?" She asked, whipping the knife out, sliding it down my cheek, teasing me maliciously.

"What do you mean?" I asked, tears rushing out of my eyes. "Of course, I remember when I met Troy."

"And, do you remember when I said that guy was hot, and he was eyeing me at the bar that night?" Her whisper felt like Satan's voice, unleashing a torrent of heat into my ears.

I nodded. "Yes, but Troy said he was looking at me, not you," I cried. "He approached me and told me he was interested in me."

She slowly moved the knife, placing it flat underneath my chin. The slick point of the shiny metal nearly shoved into my organs.

"Nooo!" She shouted, her brows diving inward and her lips crumpled tightly as an evil snare grew across her face."You're lying, Trish!!"

"Tony!" She called out to a man. The man quickly marched her way in his black beanie and thick black boots. He appeared to be about six foot five if I were to guess.

He gazed into her eyes, grabbed a handful of hair, pulled her back, and planted a harsh and sloppy kiss on her lips.

"Did I tell you about Tony?" She asked me as she waved strands of hair out of her face.

I stayed silent and didn't say a peep.

"He's my boy toy." She laughed. "I got so bored and tired with Dave. He's such a lame."

I felt the force of sorrow rumbling through me, sickening my stomach. More tears rushed from my eyes.

"I met Tony at the same bar." She explained, "The bar where you met and stole TROY FROM ME!" Her yell pierced into my ears.

I sniffled as my nose became runny.

"Troy was supposed to be mine!" She shouted," But now that I've got Tony, I realized that Troy is pretty lame too, just like Dave." Her empty eyes shifted around the old and dusty cabin.

"I got you right where I want you now, Trish!" She shouted into my ear, causing my eyes to water, as I hastily pinched them shut.

"What did I ever do to you?" I asked, tears streaming down my face, "I've been nothing but a good friend to you."

She laughed, "Friends, don't steal other people's men!" Her eyes slyly shifted to the left as a psychotic smirk emerged. "You're a man thief, Trish! And you know it!"

I lowered my head and locked eyes on the cold, tiled floor beneath me.

"Do you recall that time the television fell on Troy?" She rolled her eyes at the ceiling, "Well, that wasn't an accident."

My eyes widened, "What do you mean?"

"I threw it at him after he decided to call off our little affair." She said calmly, "We only slept together twice, but it got too much for him. Guilt began to eat him up."

"What?!" I couldn't believe my ears.

Did Troy sleep with my best friend?!

"Gina, how could you?" I begged for an explanation. "I just don't understand," I pleaded for her to explain why. "How could you, Gina?!" I couldn't make sense of any of it.

"What did you do, Gina?" I cried, tears flowing from my eyes.

"You know damn well what you've done, Trish!" Gina yelled at me, saying my name with disgust.

Tears flowed uncontrollably, the salty tears escaping into the slits of my lips.

"Don't act like the victim here!" Gina shook her head. "So, now you want to act all pathetic. Poor little Trish. She always gets her way, and all the men spoil her!" Gina screamed so loud that her voice boomed against the cabin walls.

She stepped closer to me. The sounds of her heels were a frightening reality of how close I was to death.

"You must pay for what you've done!"