Chapter Sixteen - Desire For Power

Power's POV

"Isn't this fun, Power?!" Lel asked me, continuing to hold my hand and clearly not wanting to let go.

"U-um...y-y-yeah...I guess..." I replied, not facing her.

"Huh?" She stopped walking, coming into my view and pouting. "You don't sound all that excited, Power! That's really disappointing!"

"N-No! I-I am?! ...I-I...I'm just not used to this..." I looked down at our joint hands.

"Awww! Do you want to do something you're used to then? Like..."

"H-huh? Like...like what-" I lifted my head curiously to see her face close to mine again.

I squealed and stumbled back, almost pulling Lel with me but she managed to stop herself and pulled me forward into her arms.

"L-leave me alone! T-This is embarrassing, L-Lel!" I lightly pushed myself away from her.

"You should be glad I didn't fall on you, then! Or...do you want that?" She flirted with a mischievous smile.

"W-what?! S-Stop it!" I could feel my face burning and burning as she kept teasing me.

She giggled. "Okay, okay! Fineeee!"

There was a pause until I spoke again and I thought about Seth and her.

"U-Um...Lel?" I said unsure, still embarrassed. Why did she always have to tease me like that?

"Yes, Power?" She smiled.

"You...h-how do you know Seth, if you don't...mind me asking?"

"Oh...Seth. He was a friend of my roommate's. He joined the cult so I thought he might know where she is." Lel explained.

Is that what she didn't want to tell us? Maybe it was, but I wasn't convinced.

"Oh...I hope we find her!" I said.

"Me to-"

"Zeak!"  Avira's voice from the front of the house called.

Zeak? Blaze's friend? The one we lost in the forest?

"Huh?" Lel's eyes were wide with confusion.

"L-let's go look! Zeak must be there!" I said, rushing towards the front of the house, Lel still holding my hand.

Reaching our way to the green clearing of the front of Valeria's house, my assumptions were cleared when I saw Avira, Valeria and Blaze greeting Zeak, Clive watching them from the door.

"It's Zeak!" I exclaimed. "I can't believe it!"

"I wonder how he managed to escape the cult." Lel replied, standing a bit behind me.

"Yeah! He must've been really luck-" As I turned to face her, I noticed a familiar figure standing in the shadows of the trees to my right and staring at me.

Fear immediately overcame me as I recognized the figure as Allen, the demon from before. What was he doing here? He shouldn't be here! How did he find us?

As I looked at him in shock, he grinned and a strange, high-pitched frequency started screaming in my head. My vision flickering black and I felt my eyes failing me. What was happening? Why was he here? Why did my head hurt? Why was my vision deteriorating?

Suddenly everything around me was consumed in black and I couldn't see a thing.

"Power!" Someone's voice called, I was confused as to who it was for a second before remembering it was Lel's. Huh? What did she want?