Chapter Eight - Attempt

Power's POV

"I'm pretty sure the cave is around that way." Avira gestured his hand towards the forest.

It was at last the time, after waiting for ages we were hopefully going to rescue Blaze from the strange hooded people.

"W-Wait? The forest? But...But we can't go in there, can we?" I worriedly asked, unsure if this plan to save Blaze was a good idea. Especially if we were going into the forest, maybe I did try to run through there when I was upset...But now I realized that the school would definitely get angry at us if they found out.

Both Clive and Avira's blonde friend, Valeria, frowned at me.

"Does it matter? The point here is that we need to save Blaze. Who cares if it's not allowed? I'll do whatever it takes to save him!" Valeria replied.

"Me too." My eyes wandered to next to her and to Avira, who smiled at Valeria, but the rest of his face seemed to be screaming something else that I couldn't quite grasp.

"You're right...but...." My voice trailed off.

"Dude, you're the one that was so desperate to rush off and save him. There's no turning back now." Clive said, adjusting the sporty wristband on his left arm like he was ready to beat someone up. 

But in reality his fighting skills were probably just as bad as mine. Maybe even worse. Even though he looked like an active person, he was actually kind of lazy.

"Come on, there's no time to waste." Avira's other friend, Zeak, said to us, walking forward in the direction Avira had showed us. Valeria nodded and followed him, Avira moving ahead of him to lead the way.

Clive walked and turned back to me. "Coming, right?"

They were right. Why would I even doubt saving Blaze for a second? He could be hurt while I was sitting there pondering whether or not to enter the forest.

The cold feeling of something wrapping around my arm snapped me out of my thoughts. Looking to my side, I'm greeted by Lel's usual cute and angelic smile.

"Let's go!" She exclaimed, her eyes looking directly into mine as she pulled my arm affectionately forward. "Let's go save Blaze!"

A burning sensation filled my face when I remained speechless. "Y-Yeah..." But then I realized my loss of words wasn't important, Lel didn't want to be friends with me or anything... she only wanted to get close to Blaze. I couldn't believe he accused me of being jealous, jealous of what?

I looked away from Lel. 

"I...I'm going to go talk to Clive..." A confusing pain piercing my chest while I moved my arm and walked ahead of her.

I attempted to brush away the pain as nothing, knowing it was for the best to ignore it. I couldn't imagine what would happen if Blaze saw if she were to lick my face again. Lel would be devastated...not to mention it would be embarrassing.

So that's why I would try to keep my distance from Lel, especially once everything was over. Then maybe she and Blaze could be happy together...

I walked alongside Clive most of the time as we walked, Valeria, Avira and Zeak kept to each other, sharing conversations with one another. While Lel and I listened to Clive go on about how he wished that Mrs Smith would let us make donuts in cooking. We were still waiting for that one lesson.

Though I didn't like donuts that much, in fact Clive and I didn't have much in common at all. We had met in cooking class two years ago when we had to pick partners, that's when he just introduced himself and immediately treated me like he had known me for ages.