Chapter Eighteen - Love

Power's POV

"Welcome back, Aldread." Allen's cold voice forced my eyes to open. 

I immediately saw him standing there. I knew I was dreaming because my sick feeling was gone. Again, I found myself in the same empty place with the black chair.

I must've blacked out, but I couldn't recall when. What had I been doing again? Clive had gotten upset with me was the last thing I remembered... I had tried to strangle him.

I looked at Allen directly.

"W-what are you doing here again? What are you doing in my dream?" I asked him, wary, since everything he had said last time really put me on edge...but this was a dream, he couldn't hurt me, could he?

Allen turned to the side and looked like he was pulling something open.

"Always knew insects were boring little creatures." He commented, looking at the ground with strange interest.

"E-Excuse me?! Get out of my dream then!" I said, watching him bend down and knock on the white ground. The ground made a knocking sound back as if it were glass, making me jump.

Allen smiled in amusement at my reaction and he stood up to face me. 

"Hmm, so Aldread, how did you meet that...girl?" He asked.

I was surprised by his question, wondering if he meant Lel...if so, why did he want to know? Actually, why did Allen keep appearing in my dreams in the first place?

"Huh? I-I, well-" Before I could answer, a memory suddenly played on the ground, the floor no longer white but filled with the familiar image of the cooking classroom back at the school. I never thought I'd miss it. My guess, this was from my memories...I then saw Lel, and I was watching her sift ingredients.

"W-Why are you showing me this, Allen?! Mind your own business!" I exclaimed, embarrassed that Allen had to for some reason, dig up one of the most embarrassing memories I had.

He looked at me as if he was studying me. "Just to provide entertainment for myself."

"W-Well, can you not?! This is my dream, you psycho! Go away!"

Allen suddenly laughed. He leaned forward, grabbing my shirt and pulling me forward all in one movement. A crazy grin was spread across his face.

"You really think that's how it works, Aldread? Oh, if I couldn't make you useful, I would kill you right now, you ignorant brat." His eyes grew wide when he mentioned killing me, making me feel scared.

I froze up. What was this feeling I was getting? This was just a dream, he couldn't hurt me. So why was I fearing for my life?

"W-what...?" I was speechless by his sudden death threat.

"So, insect. Tell me why the Aldreads are only a swarm of two?" Allen suddenly said.

My heart skipped a beat at the question.

"T-The Aldreads? My...family? Why do you...?" I warily asked, but I knew immediately at that moment what was going to happen. The floor, it was going to change again because of my memories!

"Ohhh, let me guess. They died, didn't they-"

 "Leave them out of this!" I screamed, but it was too late, my memories playing on the floor reversed backwards, going back through time until finally stopping at a dark scene. 

Allen let go of me, throwing me onto the floor to watch it with excitement in his eyes. I looked down at the ground to watch the memory, sliding myself up.