Seven

I actually cannot write cheesy shit to save my life ohmyfuckinggod im not proofreading this goodbye world

fluff chapter ig??? (pls help me)

The morning light was given an orange tint by the drapes that covered her bedroom window

The morning light was given an orange tint by the drapes that covered her bedroom window. Yeji was reminded of the times she had snuck out of the orphanage to see the ocean come into view beneath the sun's golden glint. She briefly imagines the smooth, rhythmic waves lapping against the sandy coast while simultaneously sensing her heart beating slowly. Yeji could only hope to awaken feeling as serene as the sea.

The girl groaned as she got up, her mind still hazy from her long sleep. Looking to the small desk clock located on the far right of her bedside table, Yeji widened her eyes as she realized she was late for work.

Super late for work.

Though the manager was a pleasant man, Yeji couldn't shake away the remorse that welled up inside her when she thought about how her shift partner wasn't able to work that day. Meaning, she was initially supposed to take over a shift originally meant for two people. Reaching for her phone, Yeji shut her eyes tightly as she grasped the device in frustration.

10 missed calls; 7 of which was from the manager.

It was unlikely for her to ditch without reason. Heck, Yeji could only dream of being late.

But that day, she was more or less screwed.

Once the girl regained her composure, she started to think what exactly got her into this situation. Why exactly did she forget to set an alarm? What was she thinking about that got her mind so occupied?

And then it hit her. And the second it did, her face turned as red as a tomato.

Yeonjun had drunkenly confessed his love the night before. The same Yeonjun who had been on her mind for weeks—even months. The worst part was that he wasn't even thinking straight. Yeji remembered coming home the night before with tears streaming down her cheeks, wishing that the confession was true, even though she knew it wasn't. And that hurts.

It really does.

Yeji's thoughts were halted by a knock on the door. Confused because she wasn't expecting visitors, Yeji reluctantly opened the door in her messed-up state.

Lo and behold; as though her life suddenly turned into a romance novel, Yeonjun was standing there in all his glory, his right arm holding a bouquet of beautiful red flowers.

"Hey," he said shyly.

Yeji stuttered, "What are you... Why are you here...?"

"I came to talk to you..." he started, "in private."