Ch. 11: One Problem After Another

Later, Luz and Gwen were picking plants from the woods.

"Now remember Luz, there are certain plants that can make you sick, kill you, or make teeth grow out of your eyes."

"That explains why I'm wearing protective goggles." Luz said before asking. "But what do you need these kinds of plants for?"

"Because they are needed for tonight's dinner." Gwen said, "Remember, three leaves and have black venom are bad."

"Okay." Luz said as she went back to picking.

'Hopefully my nose can learn the difference.' Luz thought.

Luz heard a noise in the woods.

"Is there anything in the woods?" Luz asked.

"There shouldn't be." Gwen said.

"Go get Mr. Clawthorne, I'll see if I can find out what it is."

"Alright but be careful." Gwen said before flying back to the house.

"I'll try." Luz said before putting her basket down and taking off her goggles.

She walked around and came upon a clearing.

"Something's here." She said.

She may not have been in panther form, but Luz could still sense and smell something or something that was hidden from her sight.

"I don't know who you are, or why you're here, but you aren't welcome here." Luz said.

"I disagree, Human." A voice said from behind Luz.

Luz turned around and saw a golden mask and a white cloak.

"It's you who doesn't belong here." Golden Guard said.

"And...you are?" Luz asked him.

"The Golden Guard, right hand man of Emperor Belos." He said, leaning against a tree.

"Okay, thank you but you are wrong. Belonging here and being welcome here are two different things, like YOU not being welcome HERE in this area." Luz said to him.

"And you're not welcomed in this world." Golden Guard said, "Now come with me, or face the punishment."

"Punishment for what? Just being human? Because where I'm from, that counts as racist or speciesist, which is outdated and horrible!" Luz said to him.

"It doesn't matter what its like where you come from, you're coming with me."

"And if I refuse?" Luz asked.

"Hehehehe, cute but I don't think you CAN refuse. You don't have anything to defend yourself." Golden Guard said as he pulled out his staff. "Magic or otherwise, so just come quietly."

"If you want to capture me..." Luz ran into the woods and was hidden by the tree line, "Come and find me!"

"Hey! Get back here!" Golden Guard shouted as he ran after Luz. "Resisting arrest is not wise!"

Golden Guard ran through the woods, wondering where she could've gone.

"I don't know where you are Human, but I've tried to be nice." He said, "When I find you, you will be eradicated!"

"Then come find me, Golden Boy!" Luz said, her voice echoing through the woods.

"Grrr." he growled before rising his staff, giving off a red light. "Let's see if I can find here footprints."

He did find footprints, but it was all according to Luz's plan. He would follow them and then, she would strike when his guard was down. Luz was waiting in a tree, using her black fur to keep her hidden in the dark forest. She wasn't going to kill him, but she was going to use the mystic vibe she's been given with her spirit animal to scare him out of the woods. The golden guard continued to follow Luz's tracks before finding the end, before a tree.